cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User name and password for the community website

slamdunk58
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just so someone knows....when I tried to get on here today (the conmmunity website that is) I had forgotten my password and user name. There's a link on the sign in page that asks if you've forgotten your username or password. If you click on that it takes you to a place where you can change your password but it does nothing about your user name. There was no place on there that lets you recover your user name. I just had to keep on trying till I was lucky enough to get it right. Just so you know!

7 REPLIES 7

@Yummy wrote:

@fujiyama wrote:

But that same email also tells you your username, it starts with “Hello <username> ...”

So they do have that covered 😎👍

Good to know but... if sign up email is forgotten...? 😋

HI @Yummy    You cannot forget too many thing.  No one can help. 

@fujiyama wrote:

But that same email also tells you your username, it starts with “Hello <username> ...”

Good to know but... if sign up email is forgotten...? 😋

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@slamdunk58 wrote:

There was no place on there that lets you recover your user name.

Yeah, you are correct. You can change password but I do not see an option to recover user name. I did not go further beyond that screen to enter my email not wanting to screw up something in regards to password.

Welcome email does provide your user name (but who keeps all emails...)

HI @slamdunk58   I guess you have logged in now  🙂

Just tried myself, if you put in the correct username, they will send you a message to reset the password, the first line is:

Hello [username]

so, you have recovered your username!!  🙂

slamdunk58
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

But the link says it will take you to a place where you can recover both your password and user name. Password yes. User name no.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That link you mentioned goes to a page that asks for your email address, so that PM can send you a link for resetting your password. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You would have received a welcome to the community email when you created the account. It included the username. But good that you figured it out.

Need Help? Let's chat.