cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage History showing outgoing SMS at all hours

bgraham
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account’s Usage History shows outgoing SMS messages at all hours, including 3am, 5am, etc. I have not sent any of these, and reviewed my iPhone’s SMS history to confirm.

Here’s my usage from last night / this morning showing 7 messages over a 2 minute period. What could these be? 

321829D4-EB16-43CD-88FA-FAF5AA3D32A8.png

5 REPLIES 5

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My usage log is littered with these. They don't seem to correspond to sending or receiving imessages.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @bgraham  this is normal for iPhone.  iPhone usually use this sms to setup thing.

What I always wonder is that if 47663 is a number used by PM only and other providers use different one.  If you search this 47663,  you will only see discussion about it in PM Community. But again, this is normal for iPhone.  I had this when I was another provider, too (I should have noted the number they used  🙂 )

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you have to have phone on 24/7? Are you on-call support to be available 24/7?

I bet it is caused by some iphone apps. Definitely do not like proprietary apps taking over ones' life.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bgraham   you have an iPhone?

This is normal. It is a  common issue that  iPhones usually  send to 474663 (iMessage/FaceTime)   to set up things when you restart your phone or first sign up a new number or a new provider or setup a new phone

If you want to use keep using iMessage and FaceTime,  there is no way to stop these messages. It's not a PM issue but Apple.

Android has similar thing but it sends to 7723 instead

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@bgraham hi it is just your iphone setting up your phone it will stop in a few days

Need Help? Let's chat.