cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage History page - Filter problem

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I saw couple members talked about the filter on Usage History and I seem to remember I didn't see all entries earlier, too. So I did an experiment. 

Turn out , it is true, the filter Usage History page does not work 100%

The filter on  Usage History page does not work if you filter by type right a way and apply the filter

For example, I tried to filter from Jun 1 to today (July 20) with Data only

softech_1-1658347199280.png

Click apply filter

I will see only one page of data, from ONLY July 19 to July 12

softech_2-1658347350658.png

What I need to do :

1. change the custom date to what I want (jun 1 to today) but Type keep it to ALL

softech_3-1658347438330.png

2. Then run through pages after pages to make sure the result got to Jun 1, In my case 34 pages of usage

softech_4-1658347697703.png

3. then I can go back and change the filter Type to Data using the same date range

softech_5-1658347730575.png

4. now I will get what I want, a data only result from Jun 1 to today, 5 pages only

softech_6-1658347786941.png

And, If I did not go from Page  1 to  Page 34 earlier, let say I stopped at Jun 20, then Data filter result will be only  from Jun 20 to today

A better way without doing all these:

Just download the Excel file (xlsx) and filter it yourself with your local Excel.  

Filter and Download does not mean it only download the filtered data and type.  The download will download all 90 days regardless what you try to filter on the site

@J_PM , sorry, need you to bring it back to the development for a quick fix

10 REPLIES 10

DUGGS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I download the excel worksheet of my usage. And I get only 2 days instead of everything. it did it normally last month but this month. Not so much

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There are also plentiful excel viewer programs (apps) available.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

In addition to @softech info, if you do not have Microsoft Office, you can read the usage history xlsx file.  You can use the Google Sheets to read it, sort it.

1.  Open the Google Sheets, upload the usage history xlsx file to Google.

2.  Import the xlsx file.

3.  You can sort/delete to eliminate the history you are not interested.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Morning @J_PM 

just want to confirm if PM is aware of the minor problem on Usage history regarding the filter?  Look like more members are noticing problem with it (except not everyone aware of the workarounds)

thanks

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah, I've downloaded the supposed to be handy Excel file, except it does not show time specifically, just a date, and so in trying to figure out why I have a data problem, I can't get any specifics other than a date... And by the way this is way too much work to be doing on a mobile device while you're on holiday and your data has been cut off and your account summary for usage still shows that you have data! Anyway thanks for this post it's helpful to a certain degree

@softech wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk   Windows.  

The Usage History download is xslx but the Payment History page is pdf

I don't think there is anywhere to change the download type.  Weird they have different one. 

I wonder if they considered Safari browser, whether from iPhone or iMac, as a mobile and hence showing the mobile site, so just using PDF.  I notice some screenshots on iMac are using Mobile version of the site and not the desktop mode

Ok thanks. And.....weird.....is to be expected I guess. 

@CountyDownIeUk   Windows.  

The Usage History download is xslx but the Payment History page is pdf

I don't think there is anywhere to change the download type.  Weird they have different one. 

I wonder if they considered Safari browser, whether from iPhone or iMac, as a mobile and hence showing the mobile site, so just using PDF.  I notice some screenshots on iMac are using Mobile version of the site and not the desktop mode

Thanks. What kind of operating system are you using?

When I did transactions on my iMac it just went to a pdf.....no choice. 

@CountyDownIeUk   actually the download is to XSLX, which is very useful for filtering if you have excel

Just that many users will likely stay with checking on the web without downloading.  And I just worry some users are filtering by just one month (like checking data usage), seeing 2 weeks worth of  info and thinking they didn't use that much and PM miscalculated their usage, which in fact, just the filter didn't return the complete result

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Once you download to a pdf file...have you tried to copy and paste into excel?

OR did you copy and paste from the 5 pages of screens?

I did with my transactions....to PDF and then copy and paste from the PDF but had to use the text to cell command with ; delimiter. Iam curios on your next step into excel. And only if the files were the way they used to be!!! Then do all the sorts you like in excel!! OR if PM could allow a choice of download like CSV  or text file vs PDF. 

Need Help? Let's chat.