cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us roaming

Alice59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the add-ons for US roaming on July 9 2023 , but when I came to Alaska , it's doesn't work, the data included text and call, all isn't working, Can I get a refund for the add-on payment? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

@Alice59 did you check the community inbox to see if agents replied yet? but anyway it has been too many days just message them again here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Alice59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for BKNS27, Last week, I have sent a ticket to  A Customer Support Agent,  but until now, it's didn't get any response.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Interestingly @Alice59 , Public Mobile's terms and conditions for US Roaming reads:

7 US Roaming speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, our partner’s applicable network management, the base subscription plan you have purchased and other factors.

They do not specifically state the service does not work in Alaska. It is because T-Mobile (the network Public Mobile utilizes when roaming) deals with AT&T in Alaska to provide T-Mobile subscribers there with service.

Instead of Public Mobile just outright stating "SERVICE DOES NOT WORK IN ALASKA", they instead shroud the terms with phrases like "our partner's applicable network management" and "other factors"

They ought to just state it clearly for those wishing to utilize it in Alaska.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Alice59 

as a rule, PM doesn't do refunds BUT...if you ask nice they may credit your account for the add-on that didn't work while in Alaska. Use this link to start a conversation with the CSA...but ask nice !!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Alice59 

You should have read all the posts about Add-on for Alaska.

It doesn’t work in Alaska because there are no T-Mobile towers in Alaska.

Just private message a CS_Agent for a refund by clicking on the envelope icon on your computer.

Need Help? Let's chat.