cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading service; now trying to hold onto the service

pirateinuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A couple of weeks ago, I had gone onto my son's account. This was an effort to upgrade him from the $15/mo. plan to the $25/mo. plan. The website would not accept the load.

In the process of trying to figure it out, pay coordinates for the credit card got dumped. My efforts to re-load it have been totally unsuccessful. I'm ordinarily a "glass half-full" kind of guy, but in my opinion, publicmobile.ca is one of the least functional websites ever.

And it appears that there's no 800# to call for help, even for emergencies. Does anyone know if one can call the 800# for Telus? This is inasmuch as Telus is the parent company for publicMobile.

In a word, HELP! 

7 REPLIES 7

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pirateinuk 

I would suggest you contact the PM moderator to have this cleared up. Meanwhile, you can buy top up vouchers from Canadian Cell Supplies if you need backups in the future.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pirateinuk :Since it not accepting your credit card, you can buy voucher at London Drugs or elsewhere and add it by dialing 611 or *611, and if you can't upgrade plan over phone at least you don't have to use credit card to upgrade on self serve portal.

Tier 3 provider.. Tier 3 server  😅

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pirateinuk 

I wouldn't even use the worlds "functional" and "Public Mobile" in the same sentence.

Oops, i just did.   🤣🤣🤣

The key for everything related to the functionality of the website seems to be:

1. wait one hour
  2. clear cache and cookies
  3. open incognito tab
  4. try again
  5. if that doesn't work, use different browser on a completely different device

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

@pirateinuk 

There is no number to call.....only contacting the moderators for customer support thru simon the stupid chatbot or via private message. If my instructions don't help then the moderators can add the card for you and register it for autopay.

Edit:

@Anonymous 

You got that right!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pirateinuk : Their payment system is indeed cranky. Enter the address as it is with your billing address. No space in the postal code. Some might even do all caps.

But if you've been trying a bunch of times then you may have triggered a fraud alert and it locks you out. You could try in another little while. But you might have to contact the moderators to remove the lock.

If the term is ending tonight then you could in a pinch get a voucher online and top up that way.

Edit: I'm typing this after it sat there for a few minutes thinking darlicious is going to post her whole long thing any moment. 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pirateinuk 

Follow these instructions and after successfully adding the card go to the register for autopay section to ensure it gets registered.

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.