cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 3G to 4G what happens to discounts?

Jamesjones
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my current plan of 3G speed to 4G speed. Everything else is staying the same. 

I currently have auto pay and loyalty discounts. 

Will I lose any of these for upgrading my plan?

11 REPLIES 11

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Read the small print appended to plan, add-on, and rewards/points descriptors.

"Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed. US Roaming speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, our partner’s applicable network management, the base plan you have purchased and other factors."

"If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on."

Available funds, add-ons, rewards/points, referrals, loyalty (and SIMID and phone number and any credit card submitted) are attached to the account, not the plan. You can change plans without losing these things.

Promo bonuses are often conditional. They usually specify that you will no longer get the promo bonus if you change away from the promo plan. And they apparently prompt you before commit if you're going to switch away from an ongoing/unfinished promo bonus.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Upgrading from 3G to 4G is like any other Plan change.

You will Not lose loyalty, autopay, holiday bonuses nor any add-ons you have on your account.

You will lose promo bonus related to your current plan, if any. (sign up for plan xx and get xxGB for 12 months, etc.)

@Jamesjones 

you will not losing anything from your rewards, is will keep it in your account not with plan,

go ahead and change plan for next cycle,

and use the down arrow to scroll down or up.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jamesjones  - that looks like a 1GB promo that once it is used up, it is gone. 

So, my guess would be it would stay with your account when changing plans.

But, unless I knew what promo you activated on or which promo this refers to, i'd rather not say for sure.

You could check with a CSA if you want something confirmed.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Jamesjones

Honestly, I am unsure if it is a one time thing or not. 

I have attached a screen shot.

Thanks again for your time. 🙂 

Screenshot_20220728-145256.png

@Jamesjones  - is your 1GB promo a one time things, so once used up it is all gone?

OR, does it replenish each renewal?

Can you share a screenshot of the description of this 1GB promo?

Jamesjones

Is there any chance you can tell me where to look to find out how much longer my promo has left in its run time?

Jamesjones

I currently do have a 1GB promo, I have no idea how I got it. But I don't use it often. Thank you for the info. 

Jamesjones

It didn't look to me that I should give up my current rewards system.

I have been using public mobile for almost 4 years. So if you are meaning 25th January 2022 I signed up years before. 

Thank you for the info.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Jamesjones hi no you will not lose any of your loyalty rewards or discounts the only thing that may be in danger is a promo as in two extra gigs a month for six months or one of those promos if you do not have that , you have no worries

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jamesjones  you will not lose Autopay or Loyalty rewards if you change your plan.

If you change to Public Points you will lose Autopay (so don't do that 🙂  ).

Edit, wait a second, just checking, since I see your Community start date. Did you activate after January 25th? If so, you are not eligible for the $2 Autopay Reward. But you can still be signed up for Autopay of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.