cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated service to include 5Gb of data (from 1Gb), now does not work at all for Data

phadikin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I updated my plan and as of yesterday I should have had 5Gb of data available to me.  I have no data working at all right now.  What do I need to do?  Please!

16 REPLIES 16

Go to settings...connections.....mobile networks...

Edit: your 5mb buffer has been taken....looks good.

phadikin

Data limit is 5120 .... data available is 5114.556 .... I think it may have just started working.... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@phadikin wrote:

The phone has been powered off ... sim removed ... put back and restarted.  Is that ok?

Maybe restart without the SIM in. Then off again and re-insert the SIM and restart.

What make/model/submodel is the phone? What OS is it running?

phadikin

How do I find them?

@phadikin SIM works or doesn't. Taking it out and putting back in won't fix data.

@phadikin 

Have you checked your network settings? You might need to reset them. What do they say?

Edit: Do you have any access to data...wifi? Can you send MMS?

phadikin

The phone has been powered off ... sim removed ... put back and restarted.  Is that ok?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@phadikin wrote:

How do I open a ticket ... it is still not working after the lost/stolen and the $1 payment.  Thank you.

The earlier reply from computergeek541 is where to go to get started.

Have you also restarted the phone?

phadikin

How do I open a ticket ... it is still not working after the lost/stolen and the $1 payment.  Thank you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@phadikin wrote:

I updated my plan and as of yesterday I should have had 5Gb of data available to me.  I have no data working at all right now.  What do I need to do?  Please!

Assuming that data was working before, it sounds as if the plan change did something to the provisioning of your data services. I believe you're going to to have to get a moderator to fix this. You can open a ticket by going to: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Are we stop recommending the lost/stolen phone or $1 tricks?

In the past, lost/stolen has caused problems with rewards.

Agree.  Now, I only ask subscribers to try the $1 trick only.  If no avail, then support ticket.

@popping wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@phadikin wrote:

Assuming that data was working before, it sounds as if the plan change did something to the provisioning of your data services. I believe you're going to to have to get a moderator to fix this. You can open a ticket by going to: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

In the past, lost/stolen has caused problems with rewards.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@phadikin wrote:

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@phadikin You can try Fly mode or lost/stolen feature via self-service account for several mins to trigger the system.

@phadikin wrote:

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account. Under My data and add-ons does it show you have data available?.

Has your data every worked?

What kind of phone do you have?

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@phadikinDid you try restarting your phone

Please logon your account to be sure the plan change worked and that your account is active.

Need Help? Let's chat.