cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolicited messages from Public Mobile informing that my "plan does not include sending texts..."

Hammad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I came to the US a month ago and soon started getting messages from 611 that "Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US. Incoming texts are included. To add a US Roaming Add-On, visit selfeserve.publicmobile.ca

The problem being I understand that and I am not trying to send any texts whatsoever. It is frustrating now because what started like 2-3 messages a day now is more than 50 a day (not exaggerating, 81 so far today itself). It is the same message every time! Can someone please tell me how to stop them?

9 REPLIES 9

Hammad

@computergeek541 

yup, that's what I did, blocking that number. But yeah, thanks for that piece of technical information, makes sense.

@Hammad wrote:

I do intend to come back so I have kept my plan. So, losing the number is not a worry right now. Also, I am willing to use a roaming talk add-on to receive and make calls so removing the sim is not really an option. Thanks though.

PM has 10 Day US Roaming options ranging in price from $8 for talk or text to $20 for talk, text and 250mb of data. You'll be able to call most anyone in US or Canada...for 10 days.

Once you have the text add-on, the nags will stop.

Make sure to wear your mask, friend. 😷

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hammad you mention you are planning on getting roaming add-on does this mean you have not purchased it?

Get one that includes sms and that should solve the issue, unless you were planning talk only.  The extra cost of the text add-on might be worth the frustration you are having.

Hammad

I wish I could but there is no option that I see. I did block the number so that lessens the disturbance but I still have the blocked message notification showing up every now and then.

Hammad

I do intend to come back so I have kept my plan. So, losing the number is not a worry right now. Also, I am willing to use a roaming talk add-on to receive and make calls so removing the sim is not really an option. Thanks though.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hammad...

If you're not using your PM account, try removing the PM sim  from the phone, until you return to Canada.

Remember, you only have 89 days after last renewal expires to re-up your PM plan. At day 90, your account and number is lost for good. You'd need a new sim and start a new account with a different phone number.

@Gunner123 wrote:

@Hammad wrote:

I came to the US a month ago and soon started getting messages from 611 that "Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US. Incoming texts are included. To add a US Roaming Add-On, visit selfeserve.publicmobile.ca

The problem being I understand that and I am not trying to send any texts whatsoever. It is frustrating now because what started like 2-3 messages a day now is more than 50 a day (not exaggerating, 81 so far today itself). It is the same message every time! Can someone please tell me how to stop them?

@Hammad hi can you block or unsubscribe from the text?

Public Mobile service notfifcaitions sent by text messages cannot be unsubscribed from.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hammad wrote:

@Hammad hi can you block or unsubscribe from the text?

@Hammad wrote:

Many phones try to send outgoing text messages without telling you whenever you turn on the phone. Many Android and iPhone devices do this.  A roaming add-on that includes text messages would stop you from receiving these text messages, although it won't actually stop the outgoing messages from being sent. This is a matter of the software in your phone.

You temporarily block all text messages from the number that Public Mobile is sending you these text messages from.

Need Help? Let's chat.