cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecoverable SIM card

Cjwallin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there.

Recently I had dropped my phone into the ocean which had my SIM inside of it. Its now unrecoverable. I have a new public mobile SIM with me now and I was wondering if somehow I could transfer my existing number (and plan) from sunken SIM to my new SIM. If I can't, is there any possible way to salvage this number even if I have to use a different service provider to do so.

4 REPLIES 4

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's unfortunate.  Where were you travelling and how did it happen?  Hopefully you can keep your existing number.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Cjwallin 

use browser from computer,clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

go to profile ‘Change SIM Card Number’and select ‘Email’ to get verification code,,and “Save Changes”

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Cjwallin 

Yes, you can switch your SIM card number in My account (self service page).  Login to My account.  Change your SIM card option.  Need 2FA authrorization.  In your case, use email authorization.  Then insert your new SIM card in your new Phone.  

Here is some more information: (bottom of article will explain your situation)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes, You can login in to your account and change the sim on the account to your new sim. You'll need to be able to access the registered email address.

Need Help? Let's chat.