cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock my phone

sammwu96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi , I was a public mobile customer and I had a smart phone plan. I paid the phone balance and my contract ended. I would like to unlock the phone to use it. Please help. Thanks Sam

6 REPLIES 6

@sammwu96 

Your PM phone will also work, for sure, on Koodo and Telus. 

Phones sold in Canada after December 2017 are supposed to be sold unlocked. So it might be anyways. 

You can test a friends SIM to see if unlocked. Like a Bell or Rogers SIM. 

PM does unlock phones if you contact a CSA...I have had it done. 

I imagine that Telus handles the process. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sammwu96 

What is the make and model of your phone?

This is not a PM issue but if we can get more information so we can help further.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sammwu96 Hi is it a Samsung phone asking for an unlock code? Contact Samsung online they can give you a master unlock code 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sammwu96  there are no contracts with public mobile, as it is a prepaid service.

How long ago did you have your phone with public mobile? Was it with another provider before public, and now it does not work with your public mobile SIM card? Contact the previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

If it is possible the phone is locked to Public Mobile's network then are you trying to use another provider's sim card inside this phone?

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@sammwu96 wrote:

Hi , I was a public mobile customer and I had a smart phone plan. I paid the phone balance and my contract ended. I would like to unlock the phone to use it. Please help. Thanks Sam

Public Mobile has never offered phones on any type of contract or offered any financing that would cause any amount to need to be paid back for the phone.  You'll need to contact the carrier that the phone is locked to get it unlocked.  If it's the phone that you were using before on Public Mobile, there's a very high likelihood that it's arleady unlocked.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sammwu96   did you buy on of those CPO phone?  Public Mobile does not lock phone.  Did you try to insert another sim and it was actually asking for carrier unlock code?  Any chance you got the lock from Koodo or Telus instead (if you bought the phone from them)?

You can still try to open ticket with PM support by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.