cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited long distance

Pcallingham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have unlimited long distance to the USA yet when I call an American # I’m told I’ve run out of minutes 

23 REPLIES 23

Go in to Change plan and see if you see the plan change already set up for your next renewal. That's probably what you did. If you remove that and then change plan now then you won't get anything pro-rated on the current plan. You simply start a new plan and 30 days. So decide how much you want to talk to the US now.

@Pcallingham wrote:

I logged in an still shows original plan 45 instead of 50

@Pcallingham that is the reason,  You are not on a plan with free US calling

What is it showing for your next renewal date? Which button did you click when you change plan, did you click Change plan now or  Change on the next renewal date?  

Depends on when is your next renewal date, maybe re-request the plan change again, but need to click on the proper button to avoid losing money

For now, why not use VoIP App TextNow to make free US call?

Pcallingham

I logged in an still shows original plan 45 instead of 50

Pcallingham

I’m home in Ottawa. I upgraded April 28 and was able to use it to call USA. Since then not at all

Pcallingham

Colorado 303

@Pcallingham can you login to My Account and confirm what plan it is showing in your profile? 

HI@Pcallingham   you can call other Canadian number without problem?

Which plan you have now?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you successfully changed the plan to a 50, 60, 70 plan? It shows as your current plan? Not just set up for the next renewal? And you're not trying to call a number as listed earlier? You're including a 1 in front of the 10 digits as well?

Pcallingham

Yes at home

Pcallingham

I’ve tried all of your suggestions and still not allowing calls to USA. Btw I’m at home. Not travelling 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Where. Are. You @Pcallingham ?

All currently offered inmarket plans only work whilst in Canada. And, require to be active but also need a Roaming US addon to be able to use services whilst in the USA.

Unless, you are on that snowbird plan from a few years ago...is this the plan you are on? Then, your plan should work in the USA without purchasing additional Roaming addons.

For Roaming in USA:

• Make sure data roaming is enabled in your phone settings.
  • Restarting your phone should help you connect to the correct network.
  • Go to the cellular or network settings in your phone, and check your APN configuration. If possible, manually search and select T-Mobile's or AT&T network.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are any of the numbers you've called using these area codes and prefixes:

712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726

Through the steps above, while it will be a real person there is no option to do it via phone.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

So you are at home and not travelling then. There were a few other customers who posted this but were in the US at the time.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pcallingham 

This is a glitch. Power off your phone. If you can put your sim card in another phone briefly even better. Otherwise remove SIM card for at least 10 minutes. Reseat SIM card and power on again. Phone a frequently called  phone # like your spouse. If it connects then try the US phone # again by manually dialing the phone #.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello @Pcallingham 

There, you just did.

What's up? 

@Pcallingham 

Unfortunately, PM is an online service so you can contact a CS_Agent via private messaging or SIMon Chatbot and create a ticket on this Community page.

Is it regarding Unlimited calling to USA?

@Pcallingham 

You must be on the $50+ plan for unlimited calls to Canada and US.

The fine print for the LD are:

6 - Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US.

Check the Cellular Network setting.

@Pcallingham   PM Support is all online.  You can open a ticket with them and they will respond via Community inbox here:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

But if you don't mind to share you problem, let us now and maybe we have some workarounds for you or explain what happened

Pcallingham

How can I talk to a real person 

Pcallingham

Unlimited long distance Canada and USA and I have called numerous USA #’s with no luck. I’m fed up

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Pcallingham What plan are you on? Are you able to dial any other USA phone number? Make sure to add 1 in front of the number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.