cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected switch to 4G plan

avoran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

During January my daughter was unexpectedly charged for a 4G plan. I did not ask for it, and she claims she did not either. Is it possible to find out why Public Mobile made the switch? For example, was there a text message sent from her number requesting the change? Or was a request submitted via the website, and if so, on what date? Or was this a mistake on the part of Public Mobile (in which case we'd want a refund)?

If I need to talk to a moderator to get this resolved, can I do it from my community account (attached to my phone number), or would it have to be from hers (attached to her number)?

We have since switched it back to 3G.

Thank you!

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

"Also, some user want to get the Christmas bonus, instead of replying YES2, they replied wrong, YES, and that YES tied with the plan change"

Oh man that's not good! ! They should have used the word "change" for the plan change, or something else not so close as yes and yes2

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@avoran  Well if you have since switched the plan back I hope you chose to switch on renewal and not immediately or you gonna have another surprise bill 

@softech 

OP wrote they did on initial post 

@avoran   Yes, Public Mobile did send out the text

The user on the phone might have reply YES, or might be just by accident.  Phone these days will pop up auto reply texts for user to select, if clicked too fast and didn't look, it would have sent out without being notice

But, before CS agent replies, please remember to login to My Account and change the plan back

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Look for this

HALIMACS_0-1675393234789.png

Ask the user for the device to check yourself. 

Check self serve usage history for text from them. 

@avoran  Well Public mobile didn’t do it with out it being requested / accepted that’s a given 

avoran

I am hoping that a CSA can confirm that such a text message was in fact sent. If it was, I assume Public Mobile would have a record of that. I'm pretty sure that's what happened, but if possible would like to know it beyond a doubt. 🙂

I gathered that @avoran 

Which is why your chosen solution to seek remedy to the CSA seemed to be 'barking up the wrong tree" and puzzling. 

@avoran wrote:

The problem is that I don't fully trust the user of the device. 

@avoran   Luckily, PM does not have promotion like this very often

So, your choice now seems to be take the hit of this cycle for the higher price plan, schedule a plan change back to the original plan on the next reneawal date

Make sure the user of the device do not have access to My Account

and hope PM does not send out promo text like this anymore.

avoran

The problem is that I don't fully trust the user of the device. 

As I said, she claims she didn't respond to the promotion. So if she did, she probably deleted the text.

I agree with @HALIMACS  , check the device first

And @avoran  if you are sure you don't want this plan anymore, please login to My Account and make a schedule plan change back to your original plan.  Remember to use the option "Change plan on renewal date" and DO NOT use the other option "Change plan now"

@avoran 

Why bother going to customer support?

The change was made by the user of the device - start there by asking them to let you know if they receive any information from Public Mobile via text.

If you can't be sure what'll happen there, you can ask Customer Support to remove all promotional material from being sent on that account so you can be certain the user doesn't subscribe to any offers unbeknownst to you.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@avoran 

There was a text promo to all members if you are interested in switch to the new 4G plan. If you replied with YES then you will automatically be switched over.

No worries, you can switch back to your old plan by login to your daughter’s account and go to Plans & Add-on then click on the plan your daughter was on.

You will have the option to switch now or on her renewal date. If you switch now, you could be charged for both plans.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@avoran   check the text on your daughter's phone

Earlier, PM has sent promo text to customers for its $40 - 15GB plan. All they need to do to opt in is to reply YES.  Check if she has replied by accident.

Also, some user want to get the Christmas bonus, instead of replying YES2, they replied wrong, YES, and that YES tied with the plan change

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

SO, you may wish to speak to the user of the device, @avoran 

PM had a text campaign last month - all users had to do was reply "YES" to a text to be switched to the $40 plan on next renewal.

If you want to switch back, go under plan and add-ons and schedule a plan change to desired plan for next renewal.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@avoran  Did somone happen to reply yes to a promotional text from pm ? Also check what plan your on now 

Try  again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1675389963123.png

For most up to date account info

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @avoran 

send a private message to CS_Agent
here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

or you can change plan back to 3G by Login to your account

Need Help? Let's chat.