cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer phone number from Freedom

mwm0647
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my number from Freedom last month successfully but got a message from Public stating that transfer did not complete and I was assigned a new number. How do I get my old number back?

10 REPLIES 10

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous  @darlicious 

By the time that Public Mobile gives out a number phone number after porting failure, the original transfer request has already been closed. A CSA can no longer fix the porting request, nor will responding to the porting authorization text message allow the port to be completed.  A new number porting request has to be started by the customer in Self Serve.

@mwm0647 

The "successful" message show on the computer screen does not mean that the phone number transfer worked.  It's bad choice of wording by Public Mobile and only means that they received the request.

@computergeek541 

Ya think? Please note in my reply:

Do you still have your freedom SIM card? If so put it back in your phone so you can reply YES to the PAT(porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. If you do not have the SIM card call freedom to verbally authorize the port request after you have made the port request in your self serve account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 @mwm0647 

but that person why is will losing number, if then call to Freedom, and maybe the Freedom agent can't help with it, i don't know how many days is allowed to do it , but if them pay to PM and is the service is working with PM then CSA is responsible to getting Own the number from Freedom and i think that person need a account number for Freedom to give to CSA make a file complaint with Freedom to get then back that number,

or that person if you like to gettign a new number from PM, and is will fix it that issue....

Softech,

Yes, I tapped on the wrong username.

@computergeek541 .. yes.. I asked OP to re request porting on My Account.. I think you tagged wrong person 

@Anonymous  @darlicious 

By the time that Public Mobile gives out a number phone number after porting failure, the original transfer request has already been closed. A CSA can no longer fix the porting request, nor will responding to the porting authorization text message allow the port to be completed.  A new number porting request has to be started by the customer in Self Serve.

@mwm0647 

The "successful" message show on the computer screen does not mean that the phone number transfer worked.  It's bad choice of wording by Public Mobile and only means that they received the request.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check to see if your Freedom account is still active.  Try to request the port again and put your Freedom sim back into your phone.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mwm0647 did you login to your Freedom account and confirm it is active?  Likely you still paying for your Freedom account at this moment

If you still have your Freedom SIM, put your Freedom SIM in a phone and confirm you can make outgoing calls and receive incoming  Keep the Freedom SIM there

Then logon to PM My Account, click in Change Phone Number and request porting there (You will need to enter your Freedom account number).   

Once requested, you should receive a text on your Freedom SIM to ask for your permission to port the number.  You need to reply YES within 90 min.

once you replied Yes, the port should complete within an hour or two and your Freedom  account should be closed.

let us know how it goes.

@mwm0647 

Do you still have your freedom SIM card? If so put it back in your phone so you can reply YES to the PAT(porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. If you do not have the SIM card call freedom to verbally authorize the port request after you have made the port request in your self serve account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mwm0647 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

@mwm0647 wrote:

I transferred my number from Freedom last month successfully but got a message from Public stating that transfer did not complete and I was assigned a new number. How do I get my old number back?

This happened because the portinh request was rejected by Freedom Mobile.  You'll need to to go into your Public Mobile self aerve account to make another request. You'll want to make sure that your Freedom service is still working and that you have the Freedom account number.

Need Help? Let's chat.