cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to switch to plan described on website

ryjsong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I'd like to switch to the $15 3G plan with unlimited Canada calls and text as seen on the website.

On My Account, I can see the $15 3G plan but it has a limit of 100 minutes for Canada calls. Are existing customers unable to get the plan as described on the website?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

I'm aware @treefrog & @maximum_gato 

There's been discussion around the wording of the $15 plan for some time.

Be it data allotment with or without auto-pay, or the minute allotment vs unlimited confusion.   And rightfully so, especially to newcomers.

My original reply, "The $15 plan has unlimited incoming calls,  however only 100 outgoing minutes per cycle" was just a simplified answer to a simple question.

The backgrounder is just noise which PM will undoubtedly handle on a case by case basis, likely caused by yet another error by someone not adequately proofreading releases to the site information.

Would be nice if J_PM would weigh in on this, eh?

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ryjsong 

You are very welcome. But check in and see what developes from this glitch?

ryjsong

That checks out, thank you!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

There's a discussion on how to best handle it....I'm almost tempted to activate a Sim card to get this plan but I suspect pm will only offer compensation of some sort.

ryjsong

Wow, thank you for your help!

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ryjsong 

This appears to be a mistake by public mobile when proofreading their new ad as it should not say unlimited Canada wide calling. In self-serve it still says it has 100 outgoing minutes so unless you activate as a new customer will you have a chance at Public Mobile honoring the deal. But chances are they will just publish the change and inform customers and you might possibly get it for a couple of months or they might not honor the deal at all. As I had a similar experience back when they changed to provincial calling.

So no as an existing customer you will not be able to change to this plan at this time and probably never.

Edit: typos

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

The $15 plan has unlimited incoming calls,  however only 100 outgoing minutes per cycle. 

Need Help? Let's chat.