cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to subscribe, Terrible service at Walmart. Please help me activate the flash promo another wa

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have now been unable to join twice now because of the terrible service at Walmart.  The first time I went they where closed (7pm). They shuned me there before for asking about public because they want the commission from other companies.  I wouldn't go back there from the first experience but Walmart is the only retailer in my area. 

So I have been waiting for the flash sale on this weekend and went to sign up today at 430, by the time the one person working got to me, he spent the next 20 mins trying to sell me a plan with different carriers so he would get a comission; even though I was adamant that I wanted to sign up with public on the $45 plan.

By the time he actually agreed to activate for me he said his computer wasnt working and "public mobile is closed" so unless I wanted a different carrier To come back tomorrow.  The sale ends today and with no other stores I am hoping public will honour the promo by letting me a activate online and credit my account for the plan and sim card.

Hoping you will make this right because of the retailers unwillingness to sign me up.... otherwise I can go with fido for the same price and get LTE speed.

4 REPLIES 4

Stussyjoo8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got mine done at London Drugs. They are very helpfull and well trained. Go to your local London Drugs instead walmart. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
You could try going back to that Walmart and demand to speak to a manager.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Klane, when you discuss with the moderator team, make sure to bring up the store location so they can follow up with that store.  If you are angry enough about this, go to the CCTS and put in a complaint there as well. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Klane wrote:

I have now been unable to join twice now because of the terrible service at Walmart.  The first time I went they where closed (7pm). They shuned me there before for asking about public because they want the commission from other companies.  I wouldn't go back there from the first experience but Walmart is the only retailer in my area. 

So I have been waiting for the flash sale on this weekend and went to sign up today at 430, by the time the one person working got to me, he spent the next 20 mins trying to sell me a plan with different carriers so he would get a comission; even though I was adamant that I wanted to sign up with public on the $45 plan.

By the time he actually agreed to activate for me he said his computer wasnt working and "public mobile is closed" so unless I wanted a different carrier To come back tomorrow.  The sale ends today and with no other stores I am hoping public will honour the promo by letting me a activate online and credit my account for the plan and sim card.

Hoping you will make this right because of the retailers unwillingness to sign me up.... otherwise I can go with fido for the same price and get LTE speed.

@Klane  You are talking to other customers like you, whether we agree with you or not, it doesn't matter. You need to message someone official. I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.