cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send texts to certain people

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Bit of an odd issue. I do volunteer work for Operation Red Nose and the coordinator has an iPhone. I have an LG G Flex and a Samsung S8+ (just got it, has Reddit app burned into the screen... got to love Kijiji phones...) anyway on both phones when I have tried texting him it doesn't go through. He is able to text me fine. He appears to be the only one and he verified that I am not blocked. He even added me to his contact list. Any suggestions? My other text messages to iPhone users go through fine. Is the problem somehow on my end or his? I am the only one (so far) that the texts do not go through for. No errors are given on my phone.

Note: The former owner of my phone number apparently had credit issues as I from time to time get calls from creditors looking for the former holder of this number. Could that previous owner of this number have caused some kind of problem with the specific phone number?

5 REPLIES 5

Psygineer

@Luddite wrote:

@Psygineer If still a problem, have him check the iPhone Message settings. Should be

Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Recieve should show his phone number and his Apple ID email.

It's still an ongoing issue. I'll have him take a look next time I see him. Thank you for the suggestion.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Psygineer If still a problem, have him check the iPhone Message settings. Should be

Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Recieve should show his phone number and his Apple ID email.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Psygineer

@slash407 wrote:

theres no problem that could happen, if he had credit issues and ur getting collections calls, u can tell them bye-u got the wrong person

if ur phone works, then thats all u need to know, collections cant disable ur phone, but they could lie and come up with all kinds of scare tactics to get someone to pay.

I was thinking more of along the lines of getting the number Black/Scam/Spam listed due to whatever the previous number holder was up to, and that the person I can't text has some kind filter turned on. It's only one month a year so I guess it isn't that big of a deal that I can't reach that one person (although it is very inconvenient) but I am just concerned that others might not get my texts too.

Psygineer

@will13am wrote:

@Psygineer, given that you are unable to text a particular number using two different phones, I would imagine the problem is on the receiving end.  It is so unlikely that two different phones, using two different messaging apps have the same texting issue. 

That's kind of what I figured. The only common element is they are both Androids. Mind you one is using a badly outdated LG App (and the updated Google App) while the other is using the Samsung App. His phone is using the iPhone App. I am the only one who he can't get texts from of the 100 or so volunteers, coworkers and friends he has. None of my coworkers (regardless of device) seem to have issues getting my texts.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Psygineer, given that you are unable to text a particular number using two different phones, I would imagine the problem is on the receiving end.  It is so unlikely that two different phones, using two different messaging apps have the same texting issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.