cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive calls.

umoya66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to send and receive calls.  Incoming calls go straight to voicemail. Outgoing calls get a message "Call *611 for assistance". Dialling *611 just puts me through to my alternate number (successfully).  

Recently switched sim cards as the previous one was lost. 

I have rebooted phone and reset network settings.

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@umoya66  - oh sorry, just re-read your email...you did not port:

"Recently switched sim cards as the previous one was lost. "

Did you:

1- perform the Change Sim Card option; OR,

2-did you actually activate the SIM card with a new phone number?

I think you should have only done #1.

mpfoodie_13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Which area are you in?  There are outages in BC and Alberta currently. https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages

I am having issues as well.  I am in New Brunswick.  I suggest you report this to a CS agent. The agent has  transferred my ticket to the engineering department in hopes of figuring out if there is an outage in my area.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@umoya66 wrote:

I am unable to send and receive calls.  Incoming calls go straight to voicemail. Outgoing calls get a message "Call *611 for assistance". Dialling *611 just puts me through to my alternate number (successfully).  

Recently switched sim cards as the previous one was lost. 

I have rebooted phone and reset network settings.

@umoya66  - have you ported over a number recently?

Cell phone ports take 2-3 hours, you have to keep the old SIM in the phone to accept the port approval.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

**Check your Private INBOX messages, I have sent you the TELUS Porting phone number.

OR, alternatively, if issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Maybe your new SIM was not provisioned. Contact CSA for further assistance as you did everything you could.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@umoya66 

Did you use the Change Sim function on self-serve?

If problem persists, contact a customer support agent.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@umoya66 

Sounds like you've tried all the usual first troubleshooting steps, so I would send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can take a look at it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.