cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retrieve password for self-serve account

ttchuah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, when I use the "forgot my password" option for the online self-serve portal, I get the following message: 

ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled

Ultimately I want to cancel my account. I've already ported my number over to Fido.

Please let me know how to cancel my account, and if self-serve access is necessary to do this.

Thanks for any help on this.

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

mikga
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As what the other two people said - your public mobile account will automatically cancel and close. 

knapper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ran into the problem yesterday and posted yesterday. PM’d the mods early today and have not heard anything as yet.  Not sure what impact the Thanksgiving weekend has on staffing, but I have not seen many posts today, particularly from PM.

and it looks like there is maintenance starting at midnight...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ttchuah wrote:

Hi there, when I use the "forgot my password" option for the online self-serve portal, I get the following message: 

ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled

Ultimately I want to cancel my account. I've already ported my number over to Fido.

Please let me know how to cancel my account, and if self-serve access is necessary to do this.

Thanks for any help on this.

Thomas

Do nothing. Your account is cancelled automatically as soon as it transfers to Bell. If you're on autopay watch your credit card statement next month in case a charge from Public Mobile slips through.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ttchuah

The password reset function is not working presently.  You will need to contact moderator to reset password, but it will take 1-2 days for moderators to respond.  

If you ported out to Fido already, your Public Mobile account should automatically close.  Sometimes, to be on the safe side, you could remove your autopay before porting out.  But, usually porting out is just fine.  Your public mobile account will automatically cancel and close.  

Need Help? Let's chat.