cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive texts that contain an image (JPEG), file, document, or group texts

eweiler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I need some help determining how to amend my text situation with Public. I only receive text messages if it is a single text send to me. If the text is a group text, contains an image or a file, I will receive an empty text box that says that the text contents are not downloadable. Could use some insight re: how to fix this. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Shipwreck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@eweiler wrote:

Hello, 

I need some help determining how to amend my text situation with Public. I only receive text messages if it is a single text send to me. If the text is a group text, contains an image or a file, I will receive an empty text box that says that the text contents are not downloadable. Could use some insight re: how to fix this. Thank you!

In addition to the above suggestions, check your text message settings. Go into the main Text Messages screen, where you see all the texts from your contacts. In the upper right area tap on the three little dots to drop down the menu, tap on settings. In there tap on More Settings, and then tap on Multimedia Messages. In there look for Restrictions, and make sure it says Free under it. If it doesn't tap Restrictions and select Free.

@eweiler 

If your data is on then it's likely your APN. It's possible to be able to use data and all of your other services except sending/recieving MMS due to a partially incomplete APN setting. Supplying us wifh the make and model of your phone and your current settings will help us determine exactly what is needed to remedy the issue. Here are my settings for Android (Samsung galaxy A320F 2017).

Screenshot_20201102-232625_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201102-232539_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201102-232551_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201102-232615_Settings.jpg

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@eweiler wrote:

Hello, 

Can you send? It's probably an APN problem. Public Mobile help article with settings - https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Android or iPhone?

Does your internet work?

Does single MMS (picture)work?

You have to have data turned on for MMS.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@eweiler wrote:

Hello, 

@eweiler Group texts or MMS (pics etc) need your data to be turned on. It won't count towards your limit but in needs to be on to send and receive MMS. Double check your data is on.

Need Help? Let's chat.