cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive phonecalls after porting number from Rogers

jama_g
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All other services seem to work except receiving phonecalls - when calling my number it goes automatically to my previous Rogers voicemail. Data, text messages and outgoing calls are no problem at all. I'm on a Samsung S8. I've turned off the phone and removed the Sim card several times to no avail.

8 REPLIES 8

Benjy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When i ported my number from Rogers tobpublic mobile it took me about 5 to 6 hours before i could do anything i couldn't even send or receive text messages 

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanx a bunch. 🙂

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

Hello, @duffer900!

It takes from minimum 30 minutes to maximum 2 hours and 30 minutes for the port to be complete.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Happy it is working for you. Just curious for information sakes, how long did it take from the time you requested the port, to the time it was completed?

Thanks

jama_g

I just received a text saying the port process is complete and can now receive calls! Many thanks to both of you who responded to help.

jama_g

I switched/ported yesterday morning...so it should be working by now. Thanks - will contact a mod.

m0neywise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

From my research this doesn't seem like it is supposed to be happening. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-Number/m-p/90534#M16461

How long ago did you submit the request to port? It may be an error with the porting process. Your Rogers sim card should still be working. Don't cancel it until one of the mods has looked into it.

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jama_g wrote:

All other services seem to work except receiving phonecalls - when calling my number it goes automatically to my previous Rogers voicemail. Data, text messages and outgoing calls are no problem at all. I'm on a Samsung S8. I've turned off the phone and removed the Sim card several times to no avail.

This is normal as porting from Rogers usually take a few hours to complete. PM assigned your number to the account right away for outgoing call or message, but incoming call has to wait for Rogers to fully release your number.

Need Help? Let's chat.