cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive phone calls.

azhd56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activate phone number. I am able to call people but when the people call me; it says "number is not assigned." This makes no sense because I have tried this with 4 people and I do not receive their calls. However, I can call these people. Can a moderator or someone please suggest me with what to do as I am expecting some very important phone calls.

10 REPLIES 10

@azhd56 contact customer support here to fix your account. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@azhd56 wrote:

I am able to call people but when the people call me; it says "number is not assigned."

It sounds like you might have cancelled your service before starting the port at Public Mobile. If so, the previous carrier may have already unassigned your number and you'll have to contact them to re-instate your service and hopefully not lose the number.

Make sure your service remains active at your previous carrier during the porting process - the porting process concludes with automatically cancelling the service at the old provider.

maggamoka
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I second the idea of using the TextNow voip app in the meantime. I use it myself to keep my call mins. under 100 mins. (15 $ /mo plan). It's a good "patch".

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

azhd56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hey so I actually ported it a couple days ago its been 3-4 days. I don't know why this is still happening however.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Whike you wait for the port to complete @azhd56  You can also add add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@azhd56  If you ported your number during activation you need to wait for the port to complete before you can receive calls.

You can also use the old sim until it stops working if you want to be able to receive calls.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@azhd56 

Did you also port your number from another carrier?  Is so, it looks like that the port has not been completed yet.  It can take a few hours for the port to be completed for a mobile number. If landline or VOIP, it can take several days.  

With incomplete port, you should be able to text and call out, but unable to receive text or calls. 

You could use your old carrier's SIM card until the port is completed.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@azhd56 hi did you just port your number? if so it can take a few hours to complete a port 

Need Help? Let's chat.