cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Public Mobile Network

Pegah100
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys,

After successful activation with a new Mobile phone number and setting up proper APN, still i can not connect to public mobile network.

I have a Samsung S9+ and i tried to do the network reset as well.

How long does it take to be able to use the network for a new mobile phone after activation?

I did my activation around 12 hours ago.

Thanks for your help in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech wrote:

.. if the phone is carrier locked, the message should come up when the phone is booted up and won't be missed.  I guess if it is that case, OP would notice it and ask for the code.  Honest, it probably not carrier lock issue in this case

@softech they didn't give us much to go on, so hard to say for sure.  I guess the other major possibility is activation didn't complete successfully.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

.. if the phone is carrier locked, the message should come up when the phone is booted up and won't be missed.  I guess if it is that case, OP would notice it and ask for the code.  Honest, it probably not carrier lock issue in this case

@Pegah100 

If you have no error message are you able to test the pm sim card in another phone? Either way it's likely your SIM did not provision properly upon activation. 

If you have no working services then type in " SIM not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. 

Or if you have already developed a hate on for chat bots = Simple--Simon like me you may prefer my method of CSA contact.

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@srlawren 

My current Samsung device was never carrier locked, but the message would be similar to "Enter SIM Network Unlock PIN".

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pegah100 could your S9+ be locked to your previous/the original carrier?  In the past, some Samsung models (even the ones sold unlocked) would auto-lock themselves to the network of the first SIM inserted.  If this is indeed the case, you can either reach out to your previous provider, or you can even contact Samsung Canada via live chat and they should be able to unlock it for you.

@computergeek541 what's the error message you see on a Samsung when it's carrier locked to another provider?  I forget what to tell @Pegah100 to look for.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pegah100 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

@Pegah100 wrote:

After successful activation with a new Mobile phone number and setting up proper APN, still i can not connect to public mobile network.

I have a Samsung S9+ and i tried to do the network reset as well.

How long does it take to be able to use the network for a new mobile phone after activation?

I did my activation around 12 hours ago.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Service should start working immediately after completed activation. Are there any errror messages displayed on your phone's screen?

Need Help? Let's chat.