cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call son in Canada

Lmchisholm1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to call my son in same town and it says unable to make call because no is roaming. I don’t even live near the American border. I am able to call other people though. How do I get this fixed?

8 REPLIES 8

@Lmchisholm1 wrote:

They network refreshed my account.  Then had to turn off my phone for 2 min and then turn it back on.  This worked.

@Lmchisholm1 , that’s great! It’s strange that your Son was the only one that you couldn’t call but I’ve had odd things happen also! 
Thank you for letting us know. We all learn from each other. 🙂

Lmchisholm1

They network refreshed my account.  Then had to turn off my phone for 2 min and then turn it back on.  This worked.

@Lmchisholm1 wrote:

Thanks.  I submitted a ticket. 

@Lmchisholm1 , did you receive a response back yet from a CSA? If so what reason did they say was the issue with not being able to call your Son but you can call other people?

Lmchisholm1

Thanks.  I submitted a ticket. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Lmchisholm1 wrote:

I tried to call my son in same town and it says unable to make call because no is roaming. I don’t even live near the American border. I am able to call other people though. How do I get this fixed?

@Lmchisholm1 , I’ve seen this happen for different reasons.

1. The person (your Son) you’re trying to call doesn't have active service at the moment! Which is an odd message to get but it has happened to some Customers on here! Since you’re able to call other people I wonder if this could be the issue?

2. Another is the need to dial 1 before the phone # which made it work!

3. My issue was completely different & was messed up in many ways once VoLTE was activated on my account which meant only a CSA could fix it on their end!

All those issues gave the odd roaming message even though we were not in the US & no where near the US border!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lmchisholm1 please also login My Account using Incognito mode and check if account status is active.  Look like some people got this because the account wasn't renewed properly 

This is a Public Mobile issued that serviced several weeks ago. Assumimg that you aren't near the border, you aren't really roaming.  I'm also going to assume that calls to other numbers work.  I encountered this issue myself and there isn't anything that can be done to your phone's setttings to fix this issue. It's an account issue. Please use the chatbot link to open a ticket. The Public Mobile customer service agents are able to quickly fix this.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Lmchisholm1 wrote:

Try dial 1 + area code + your son's phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.