cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add funds Payment gateway says 500 error

jeremiahluis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unable to add funds, I removed cache and followed other posts. For developers - I checked the network tab, source of the problem seems to be from an api call to /payments it doesn't seem to be connecting to it getting a 500 response.

Hope this gets fixed soon,

thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

@jeremiahluis   so, look like a Public Mobile issue, agian, open ticket with them and see what they say

Give us an update

jeremiahluis

Another update - I have just tried by using 611 the transaction didn't go through. So I called my bank and they checked if declined transactions and there are none from public mobile. So I'm now not sure what it could be. I bank with Tangerine and this process has worked before? Is there a cap on the amount that can be funded to the account? Does anyone know?

jeremiahluis

No I haven't as yet, how would one go about creating a ticket?

@jeremiahluis   Have you open a ticket with PM support yet?  

While you wait for support reply, after a full hour, try to pay again using *611 with your 4 digits pin and see if you can pay that way

jeremiahluis

Update - I have tried to access it via incognito chrome and normal chrome as well cleared cache, waited for 24 hours and more -same result. the error message says oops something went wrong! try again. I'm leaving this post open until it gets resolved, hoping this gets escalated to the tech team.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

PM can change the look of their website all they want, however, if they keep their network running on obsolete tech this is what happens. the issue is they are running off of a low bandwidth server that most likely doesn't have the capacity to handle the growth of PMs customers.

I also never clear my cache/cookies this will actually make the loading of the page slower which in turn can cause timeout errors more frequently as you're seeing. at most I would use incognito mode, if that isn't helping then it's simply a website/server issue and I simply try again later that day, not the day after around the same time.

@jeremiahluis wrote:

Normal chrome browser nothing special. They quite a bit of connection errors on there which needs to be resolved. After all this is an online network service providers and the basic functionality are suppose to work. I see a lot of users having similar problems and yes they have been told to use alternative means of payments but I don't see why we should be using them when we are all paying customers and simple services like paying for your bill or adding funds are most basic necessity and should be run flawlessly. 
Anyway has the moderators been informed of this?

@jeremiahluis , PM is well aware of this issue & many others that need repaired! This has been happening for quite some time! A lot of support tickets have been created by Customers due to this & a lot of posts created on here! I always use my browsers in private / incognito mode to avoid this. We shouldn’t need to but we do unfortunately. One thing gets fixed & several more get messed up in the process! In my opinion I think they need more experienced employees!

Edit: To add to this sometimes the site is down over night & early morning for maintenance!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jeremiahluis   did it just happen or it happens all the time?

I saw that accessing via Incognito mode was suggested, did you try? or did you try other browser instead of Chrome?

When there is a payment issue, sometimes you have to wait an hour before trying again.   It has been couple hous now, maybe try again and see if it works

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You're preaching to the choir. I don't think the moderator has any power or influence over the workings of the system. There have been payment issues for some customers for like ever. The system was re-vamped last July to this system of terrible caching. They know. They don't seem to care. So we offer workarounds to get fellow customers going without more delay and problems and to get on with their lives.

So again, mobile or non-mobile Chrome? It might be that a non-mobile approach would work better. Many people have some success with incognito as well.

jeremiahluis

Normal chrome browser nothing special. They quite a bit of connection errors on there which needs to be resolved. After all this is an online network service providers and the basic functionality are suppose to work. I see a lot of users having similar problems and yes they have been told to use alternative means of payments but I don't see why we should be using them when we are all paying customers and simple services like paying for your bill or adding funds are most basic necessity and should be run flawlessly. 
Anyway has the moderators been informed of this?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you doing this on a mobile or non-mobile browser? Incognito or not?

I certainly agree one shouldn't have to do workarounds. A company should NEVER make it hard to give them money. But here we are. So there are the couple other ways to make a payment.

jeremiahluis

I also find it redundant to use an alternative method when this one worked well. Seems to be a coding issue which should be resolved, don't you think? 

jeremiahluis

After you add the amount and then submit the request via a registered debit visa card method. The form throws you back to the same page

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

At what point do you get that error? You could also use your 4 digit account pin in the 611 service to use your registered credit card. Or buy vouchers. Or use the real time payments method.

Need Help? Let's chat.