cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add Autopay credit-card (SOLVED)

pecopls
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This question has been solved, thank you to everyone for their contributions 🙂

Hello PM Community, thanks for your help today.

Although I was able to remove my old auto-pay card, I have been unsuccessful when adding the new auto-pay card. I have done the following:

(1) Removed the old card using the "Payment" tab

(2) Attempted to add a new card using the text at the bottom ("Register my Credit or Visa debit card")

and also (3) Attempted to add a new card using the big "Register for AutoPay" button.

However, after entering my details an endless number of times (with different variations of address/apartment & postal code [with space and without]) I encounter a blank screen each time after submitting. Of course, the card remains unregistered with my pay date approaching very soon. 

DELETE THIS APRIL 20.png

What am I doing wrong? How can I add my card again? Thank you for your assistance!

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am 

What tweaked me was the taking ownership of the recommendations. They're not his to be owned.

But whatever. The extra irony is that I flunked English 12.

Well the victory lap is coming handy with correcting those who might have benefited from a retake.    

It doesn't mean I don't have a reasonable grasp of English. I ain't no prof of course. I'll write colloquially all day long. This is not a victory lap. Victory of what?

What retake anyway?

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am 

What tweaked me was the taking ownership of the recommendations. They're not his to be owned.

Well the victory lap is coming handy with correcting those who might have benefited from a retake.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am 

@Anonymous wrote:

@pecopls 

Good to hear. You can click on that button that says Accept as solution on one of the posts that suggested it.

@gblackma : Language police alert: interesting choice of words "my recommendations". They're really kinda community/company recommendations. Perhaps say "the recommendations". Or "here is the way I say the recommendations".

But whatever 🙂

Lucky I did not have you as my English teacher, otherwise grade 12 would have been the 5 best years of my life.  😰

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pecopls 

Good to hear. You can click on that button that says Accept as solution on one of the posts that suggested it.

@gblackma : Language police alert: interesting choice of words "my recommendations". They're really kinda community/company recommendations. Perhaps say "the recommendations". Or "here is the way I say the recommendations".

But whatever 🙂

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@pecopls I see it says SOLVED now. How were you able to solve the issue? Would be helpful if someone faces this again.

Thanks

Naepalm

naelm.png

@pecopls  I would wait 1 hour from last attempt, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to add it. These are my the recommendations on adding a credit/ debit card.

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space). 

pecopls

@Triguy 

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion, this solution was pretty much right. Every variation I tried had included my apartment number either in either the "Apt #" field or in the "Address" field. I was successful when I removed the apartment totally and just left the main address.

Also thanks to @kselmak for the suggestion regarding the Public Mobile chat, by asking the bot the question "unable to add autopay card", it provided a suggestion which also tipped me off that I should totally ignore my apartment number.
 Annotation 2020-04-19 100251.jpg

Thanks to everyone that helped out! I was able to add my card.

@pecopls  contact the moderstors, and ask them to add it for you.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

In the meantime try adding it through 611. See link on using 611 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

Stay safe.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@pecopls wrote:

Hello PM Community, thanks for your help today.

Although I was able to remove my old auto-pay card, I have been unsuccessful when adding the new auto-pay card. I have done the following:

(1) Removed the old card using the "Payment" tab

(2) Attempted to add a new card using the text at the bottom ("Register my Credit or Visa debit card")

and also (3) Attempted to add a new card using the big "Register for AutoPay" button.

However, after entering my details an endless number of times (with different variations of address/apartment & postal code [with space and without]) I encounter a blank screen each time after submitting. Of course, the card remains unregistered with my pay date approaching very soon. 

DELETE THIS APRIL 20.png

What am I doing wrong? How can I add my card again? Thank you for your assistance!

It sounds like you are doing everything right. If you are approaching your date really soon then I would suggest direct messaging the moderators, you can do that through this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@pecopls 

" .. an endless number of times.." most likely it's blocked and only mods can help

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

pecopls

@iliketotalk 
Hi, thanks for the reply!

I should have mentioned that I have already tried it in Incognito, as well as in two different web browsers. Thank you for the suggestion though, this was my thought too.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@pecopls 

Your card probably got flagged by system for too many tries

Contact moderators asap please https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

In a meantime you can get voucher either in gas station or ding.com or recharge.com

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@pecopls Did you try deleting your cache /cookies and rebooting your computer  and try chrome in incognito mode this sometimes helps

Need Help? Let's chat.