cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate esim

Kevinc63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I tried installing the esim for my new account, it said it was unable to activate and suggested try installing again or contact carrier for assistance. When I did this and tried to scan the QR code again for the esim it says it's unable to download.

Already tried rebooting iphone with no success.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

Kevinc63

Just heard back from CS agent. They are going to reimburse the $5 for the esim. Nice!

Kevin

Kevinc63

The solution from the customer service agent was to download and install another esim. Once we did this, it worked right away. Not a big deal, but this esim wasn't free whereas the first one was with the Black Friday sale. Surprising that there is ever an esim charge since it is just a small chunk of software delivered over the internet.

Thanks for all the responses!

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you're encountering issues activating an eSIM on your iPhone and rebooting hasn't resolved the issue, here are some additional steps you can try:

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure you have a stable Wi-Fi or cellular data connection, as this is necessary for downloading and activating the eSIM.

2. Clear Previous eSIM Profiles: If you have previous eSIM profiles installed, try removing them before installing the new one.

3. Update iOS: Ensure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS, as updates often include fixes for connectivity issues.

4. Reset Network Settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings you've used before.

5. Contact Carrier: If the issue persists, contact Public Mobile for assistance. There might be an issue with the eSIM profile or activation process on their end.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Kevinc63 , if it would’ve installed I would suggest this after reboot your iPhone which worked for me:

In cellular settings make sure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is selected & reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Please let us know what the CS_Agent says.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kevinc63 

use this link to message Customer Support to assist your activation..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

watch the little envelop icon in top right side of this page will be highlighted when they respond.

Need Help? Let's chat.