cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Set Up Personal Hotspot: Contact Public Mobile | edit: RESOLVED

hchau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

IMG_9867.jpg

**Edit: Problem was resolved upon restarting my device! Now able to use personal hotspot!

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and have previously used the personal hotpot feature with success, however when I went to check today if I could use it, a message pops up saying that I have to contact Public Mobile if I want to set up a personal hotspot.

I am currently 4 days out from my plan auto-renewal on July 25, and have 200mb of remaining data on my 6gb/90 day plan. Could this be a reason why it is telling me to contact Public Mobile?

Secondly, I am intending to travel to the US this coming weekend, and am planning to purchase a US data roaming add on. If I continue to have a low balance of remaining data in Canada, will that affect my ability to use the personal hotspot feature when I am traveling to the US?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Personal hotspot is not restricted by Public Mobile; it's more likely data has been used. Login to your account, if no data plan shows under Add-ons its been used.

You Canadian data should not affect the US roaming plan. Please remember:

- the 10 days begins the moment you activate a US roaming plan

- add-ons must be purchased twice; first time around adds cash to your Available Funds, second time activates it using Available Funds.

- if your base plan expires and fails to renew the add-on will not function

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.