cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Log in to Community without resetting password every time. For over 6 months.

dskrenes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

How come I can never log into Public Mobile Community? I have to reset my password every time I try to access community. I can ensure I am using the correct username and password, every time I log in, but it always tells me they are incorrect. So I have to reset every time. I know they are the correct username and password because even after I have just reset everything, and know what these credentials are (since I just verified it), if I log out, then log back in, it again tells me that it is wrong. This is clearly an error with your system and has been going on for over 6 months. Can you please have your IT department investigate this please? Thank you. 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emilieaugustin1 : Excellent report. Which twigs my own somewhat related story. I have a Telus service. I have email notifications of bills (too cheap to pay them their stupid fee for one). The email has a link. I can't open it in my default browser (Firefox). The browser has several add-ins and security settings that I guess the site doesn't like. I have a bookmark for the login and it works fine.

If I copy the link to the much more open Chrome browser it works fine.

emilieaugustin1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I don't know if this is gonna help you, but I had the same problem. So what I did is that the last time that I had to reset my password, I recorded it into my phone. ( But, the problem kept happening) At a certain point, I just stopped coming to the community, I was just tired of trying again and again.

One day, I received a email from the community, but instead of just ignoring it, I opened it and since I was bored and had nothing else to do, I decided to give it one last try.

I pressed the link ,the public mobile welcome page opened and I use the name and password recorded in my phone, it works. 

But if I try to get to the community in any other way that trough my email, it still doesn't work, only with my email.

Give it a try!! Hopefully it's gonna work for you to

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dskrenes : Is this on a desktop? Mobile? Autofill can sometimes include spaces. When I log in on a mobile I start typing and an autofill suggestion shows up. I choose it but there's a space at the end. I backspace over the space and proceed to the password. I never save login credentials anywhere.

Maybe?

I've also never had this problem.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dskrenes 

I used to have issues logging in but I hadn't even logged out. I would walk away from my tablet and come back an hour later and appear to be logged out and it would refuse to recognize my password. After trying to log back in several times I would use my other accounts community profile @maximum_gato  for anywhere from a half hour up to a full day. Then as suddenly as it would occur originally max would be signed out and darlicious signed back in like nothing had ever happened. 

The only thing that really changed was between now and then was an equipment upgrade of my wifi router, a wifi signal booster and very fortunately an IP address change that dropped the need for a VPN. So look at the possibility of an older device, software, equipment, signal, browser etc...can be contributing to your issue. Is it a shared device that remaining signed in would be a security issue?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dskrenes ,  that has never happen to me.  It works quiet well for me.

Maybe  if you have multiple computers/phone, have one of them setup remember password and another one not.  Make sure both works (one only use the cached password and one with manual type in) for the first couple days

Then try to just use the other one to manually enter the password until it fails.  Do not login more than two failed attempts.  On the 3rd attempt, try to go back to the one with the cached password.

(You can in fact do this on the same computer with different browsers.  One browser will remember password and the other one not)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dskrenes 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

and them will reset for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

dskrenes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I already thought about this, so I intentionally override this password and type it out manually every time to ensure this is not the case. Still have the issue.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dskrenes wrote:

Hi, 

How come I can never log into Public Mobile Community? I have to reset my password every time I try to access community. I can ensure I am using the correct username and password, every time I log in, but it always tells me they are incorrect. So I have to reset every time. I know they are the correct username and password because even after I have just reset everything, and know what these credentials are (since I just verified it), if I log out, then log back in, it again tells me that it is wrong. This is clearly an error with your system and has been going on for over 6 months. Can you please have your IT department investigate this please? Thank you. 

@dskrenes  - good idea would be to clear your browser's cache/cookies.

Also, try opening a tab in incognito mode to log into self serve. This method can help with finicky websites.

If you are having issues with the forgot your password option and signing in, ask CSA for assistance.

Two ways to contact CSA:

1- Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Customer Support) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
2- Private message the Customer Support here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dskrenes , is it possible that your browser has saved an old password which is no longer correct?  That is the only thing that comes to mind.  I have not seen this issue affecting other members.

Need Help? Let's chat.