cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA roaming not working

Helenaj1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been in the USA for 11 days.  I purchased my second roaming pass to continue my service and I can’t text call or use data despite the fact that I am connected to a cellular network.  Help.  What has happened? Why isn’t the second pass working.  It says it has 9 days remaining yet it diedng work 

22 REPLIES 22

npetlu

none of the craps suggested works - they do have a problem 

The messaging around here is woefully inadequate. This has been a "thing" with this place for as long as I can remember. The waiting the additional 24 hours is ridiculous. So the idea of buying the different titled add-on works after the 240 hours. (Or ask support, or wait)

So do you intend to buy talk or text again on this visit?

Helenaj1

Thanks for all the helpful advice. Well because they texted me and linked me to re purchase , I didn’t think it would be a problem.  The data was totally my fault. But the talk text didn’t work until I contacted them. So confusing. Must be an easier way than this. 

If you're still reading...the problem is the exact 240 hours where for talk and maybe text the service gets confused and stops or doesn't work properly. So if you might be intending to buy again then be aware of the time of day you bought the add-on. Exactly 240 hours later it expires. Throughout all this time you could ask support to re-buy. Or at the end of 240 hours you can buy a different add-on. Or after another alleged 24 hours (could just be overnight) you can re-buy the same one.

So say you bought the talk/text/data bundle. 240 hours later it expires. At that point you can buy the talk/text bundle. Or ask support. Or wait the day.

Buying data is a bit different other the same one. You can buy all the different data buckets throughout. You can't buy the same one until after the 24 hours. Or asking support.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Helenaj1 

If you really don't need the $15/1gb of domestic data then you can contact customer support and explain your mistake and they will remove the add-on and credit your account the $15.

@NDesai 

I'm not sure what you mean by "3G" service? Other than it meaning that a customer's 4G LTE data is throttled to 3mbps while they are connected to public mobile's network in Canada if they have a "3G" plan. While roaming in the US Public Mobile customers all have access to public mobile's roaming partners networks and their data services enjoy the same download data speeds as the US network provider that they're connected to offers it's customers on their 4G LTE network.

Without the ability to connect to a 3G network in the US except in some isolated areas that have not been completely decommissioned yet all public mobile customers regardless of their plan whether it's "3G" or "4G" cannot access the 3G network for voice calls in the US. If they select T-Mobile they can get voice services on their 2G network if it is available in their location.

Helenaj1

Well I did buy with an overlap, but only after getting a text from public mobile that my coverage was running out and it linked me to the add ons. They did get my talk and text working after they rebooted the system,, However I am embarrassed to admit that I accidentally purchased 1 gig data that was NOT US data.. sigh.. so the data is my own fault. I’ve repurchased the correct data now and all is well. I must have had tired eyes after days at Disneyland.  Thanks for all the help. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

I was also wondering about if 24 hours was waited before purchasing the add-on again, but to my knowledge, the system doesn't allow the purchase unless the customer waits the full 24 horus.

I'm not yet convinced from reading some of the recent customers wanting to re-buy. I also wonder if trying to buy the same one just adds the money to the account. I wonder if this customer bought the talk/text/data bundle at first and then tried to re-buy before 240 hours and ended up with the talk/text and then added the 1gb. It's why I asked for the payment history.

But again, to fix any of this requires support. All we're trying to figure out is how they got the problem.

@dust2dust wrote:

I wonder that there was some problem of overlap. Buying add-ons while the same one is active in it's 240 hours can be problematic. Images are always preferred so we can see what you see but depending on how much more effort you want to put in with the community, I guess you should get back to support that got your talk and text working and have them fix the data. Unless you'd like to provide some images of your add-on list and your payment history (not credit card) I'm not sure what else I have to suggest. Maybe others do. Did you restart the phone? Maybe even just airplane mode?

I suspect you bought add-ons that overlapped. It's up to support to fix all that anyway.

I was also wondering about if 24 hours was waited before purchasing the add-on again, but to my knowledge, the system doesn't allow the purchase unless the customer waits the full 24 hours.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I wonder that there was some problem of overlap. Buying add-ons while the same one is active in it's 240 hours can be problematic. Images are always preferred so we can see what you see but depending on how much more effort you want to put in with the community, I guess you should get back to support that got your talk and text working and have them fix the data. Unless you'd like to provide some images of your add-on list and your payment history (not credit card) I'm not sure what else I have to suggest. Maybe others do. Did you restart the phone? Maybe even just airplane mode?

I suspect you bought add-ons that overlapped. It's up to support to fix all that anyway.

Helenaj1

I have 1024 data.  0 used as it’s not working

unlimited talk and text 

all USA 

I have 9 days remaining. 

After clicking the little spinner refresh icons under the list of add-ons, what all roaming items do you see? In your payment history, does it show what all add-ons you purchased and what are they?

Helenaj1

Yes of course.. I had the pass for the first 10 days and it worked fine.. it was the second pass after the first one expired .. 

Did you turn on roaming data? Did you turn on data?

Helenaj1

No data still but I have voice and text through t mobile finally after the agent reset something. But still no data. 

@Helenaj1   did you try to connect to AT&T?  AT&T can at least get your data working if you can connect (but AT&T's network won't get your Voice call working  😞  )

Helenaj1

I signed up for 4 g 

@Helenaj1 Have you moved to another area a day or so ago? Maybe 3G service is not available in that area you are at. 

Helenaj1

I have done  all of that.  But thank you 

Helenaj1

No success.  I’ve been using t mobile for 10 days.  Once I purchased the second 10 day pass it no longer worked in any network. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

T-Mobile would only work for me whilst in Washington state...try that or also try Verizon as suggested in recent posts.

If you have success with Verizon...please let us know.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When did you buy the add-on? Click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down and see if the day count changes or if the add-on still shows.

I'm not sure AT&T works anymore and so you should be connecting to T-Mobile anyway for talk. For fun you could try Verizon and report back whether or not it worked for you. I doubt it.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Helenaj1 Have you tried rebooting your phone or enable/disable airplane mode? Try manually connecting to USA cellular network such as AT&T.

Need Help? Let's chat.