cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA / Canada 50 G plan not providing data

Kathryn3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New 34.00  Canada wide USA plan is not working in USA. I can not access data even when roaming is on   Why?

9 REPLIES 9

Fartlec

we had the same issue when we drove to the USA in October.  Took several days to resolve.  Worked ok while we were in Phx for the winter.  As soon as we left the Phoenix area on the drive home in the spring I lost data.  So frustrating.  The service is not seamless and not reliable. We will be switching providers in the fall- not worth the frustration.  And yes I tried every single troubleshooting trick. Customer service finally had to do a reset to fix

Tamatha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try doing a hard start on your phone? Check in settings if data enabled is on. 

cynml18

Just recently got the US and data wasn't working. Even though they don't have a partner contract with Verizon, phone automatically connected to Verizon. Can someone from Public confirm why this happens? Shouldn't need all these extra steps. It should Auto connect to T-Mobile or ATT. Selecting T-Mobile helped getting connected. Returning to Canada I will need to set it back to Automatic.

Kathryn3

I switched to T mobile from Att. Thanks. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Kathryn3 

make sure to enable Roaming Data in cellphone settings.

The customer has already stated that setting is already enabled.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kathryn3 - Do you have LTE enabled? Try Manually switching to T-Mobile / AT&T and if that doesn't work, try using T-Mobile with 2G / GSM & see if it'll work. 2G may get congested due to sites getting taken down.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kathryn3  set phone to 4G/LTE not 5g . Make sure your connected to T mobile or AT$T and ensure data roaming is turned in in phone settings . See if that helps 

@Kathryn3 wrote:

New 34.00  Canada wide USA plan is not working in USA. I can not access data even when roaming is on   Why?

Do calling services and text messaging services work?  If those don't work either, please try manually selecting either the AT&T or T-Mobile network.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kathryn3 

make sure to enable Roaming Data in cellphone settings. added...Turn phone OFF...then back on might start things up.

Need Help? Let's chat.