cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US

LG3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been in Florida since mid November. I continue to pay for my plan but I didn't buy any US minutes. So I obviously cannot use my phone for calls or texts. I do keep my phone charged for wifi emails and facebook etc. Public mobile has sent me COPIOUS texts telling me that my plan doesn't include sending texts. I KNOW THIS. I have changed the text sound to "none" but somehow these texts still come in OFTEN. Please stop sending texts immediately. If they continue to come in, I will just cancel my plan.

10 REPLIES 10

@TMe wrote:

I believe u can put your plan on hold for extended absences.  That way you keep your rate and any loyalty points that you've earned.

There aren't any plan holds.  All you can do is not pay for renewal but the account would be closed if you go suspended for 90 days.

TMe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe u can put your plan on hold for extended absences.  That way you keep your rate and any loyalty points that you've earned.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@LG3 wrote:

I have been in Florida since mid November.

Just wondering... did you fly or drive there? Did you have any issues at the border? Neighbour wants to go to spend some time there but it is kind of late to go right now... he should have left few months ago. Tomorrow he is going to 'enjoy' snow shovelling if forecast is accurate... He has all shots and boosters...

P.S. I hate winter without snow. Let is SNOW!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to customize notifications for particular number, in case of PM it should be 611.

There is NO point complaining and threatening HERE. We all are customers as you are and no PM employees read this forum. Well, maybe, occasionally but they do not act on customers' requests.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LG3 wrote:

I have been in Florida since mid November. I continue to pay for my plan but I didn't buy any US minutes. So I obviously cannot use my phone for calls or texts. I do keep my phone charged for wifi emails and facebook etc. Public mobile has sent me COPIOUS texts telling me that my plan doesn't include sending texts. I KNOW THIS. I have changed the text sound to "none" but somehow these texts still come in OFTEN. Please stop sending texts immediately. If they continue to come in, I will just cancel my plan.

@Anonymous  - oh, that is a unique one, 7626. Would there be any harm in blocking this one particular short code then?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Regulars: The text comes from PM under 7626. It's the welcome to USA text. You get it as soon as your phone connects to a US tower.

@LG3 : You might not want to turn anything off because you can still receive texts while in the states even without a roaming add-on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LG3 

no option you can stop SMS coming to you is automatically by system,

but your option to do toggling airplane mode on, to that service is will be off and you can use your device for Wi-Fi .

important to you know about your service Reactivate or suspended plan (publicmobile.ca)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LG3 those text coming from the same short code?  can you put it in ignore?

and you do want to receive other text, right,?  ( I believe you can still receive free incoming text without roaming)   if you do not need incoming  text, simply turn off Mobile.  Or first make Airplane mode and then enable wifi back

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LG3 wrote:

@LG3 - can you block those numbers on your phone (for the time being) while you are away.

The problem may arise though, that you are need a message to be received, if you block them though...🤔

If you log into your Self Serve account regularly to make sure all is Active and good, you should be okay.

NOTE: if you are NOT using your plan now, did you know you can let is go into nonpay/suspended status for up to 90 days and you do not need to pay for renewals during this time?

Or you can select the lost/stolen feature in your Self Serve account.

JUST MAKE SURE to make a payment and reactivate days before the 90 is up - or you will lose your phone number and account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the phone might be switching around between the two carriers. I wonder if you were to set it to manual on the best one and see if you still get them as frequently.

Need Help? Let's chat.