cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US talk and text addons

susellin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've noticed that the US addons were 10 days (a few months ago) and now are 15 days.  Is 15 days now the only option?  Also, can data be used with the 15 day talk and text roaming plan, or does data require a separate roaming fee?

13 REPLIES 13

The LG would likely be fine being an older phone. For the iphone, can you find the list of voice and talk settings and see if 2G shows. This might depend on the version of ios. If not then there's a chance it won't work for talk. You'd need to try it and see what happens. Please report back one way or the other.

@susellin  No problem , hope they enjoy there trip 🙂

susellin

Ok, good enough.  Thanks a bunch!

@susellin  The iPhone 11 will support 2G and I’m quite sure the lg phone will too just need to know  exact lg model to be certain , but I’m pretty sure it does 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@susellin Yes, 15 days is the only option I see now in the addons.

susellin

It's actually for my husband and daughter.  She has an iphone 11 and he has an old LG.

@susellin wrote:

OK.  Good to know.  How do I know if my phone can drop down to 2G or not?

Which model is it? Most phones can connect to 2g.

@susellin  Your phone should drop down to it automatically, but you would find that in phone setting under network .. also note your phone in the US to work needs to be connected to T mobile to work 

susellin

OK.  Good to know.  How do I know if my phone can drop down to 2G or not?

@susellin  No , but your regular data won’t work in the US that just for use in Canada 

susellin

Ok, I wasn't sure if that meant buying extra data.  So to be clear, if I use my current data I will incur extra charges?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Your base plan data will not work in the states. You would need the roaming data.

Yes, only 15 days. Be aware that roaming talk is problematic these days. And your phone needs to be able to drop down to 2G to work as well.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@susellin  Yes they just recently changed to 15 day  add ons , you need to buy data talk text US roaming if you want data while in the US 

Need Help? Let's chat.