cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming in Alaska not working

arjeearjor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m in Juneau now and have purchased US data roaming 10 days addon and voice and txt 10 day addon but my iphone X cannot connect to any cell provider here. 
aready try resetting my APN numerous time to sp.mb.com but no success, need help!

10 REPLIES 10

Click on the envelope icon at the top right of the screen. That will open up the private message page for you and just send a message to CS_Agent

arjeearjor

can someone help me and point me to how to contacting a CSA so that i can get a refund on the purchase addon? Trying so for the last hour and got bounce between the PubMob site and the Community site. So frustrating! 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately it isn't just Alaska having issues, many people are reporting problems throughout the US a lot more than usual, so it seems the full shut down of 3G in the US is causing this and the roaming add ons as is are on their way out (Prob should already be) reach out to a CSA and explain the situation and they could prob refund the amount for the add on that isn't functioning to your available balance 

arjeearjor

Check mark by ATT and yes carrier profile is Public Mobile.

when you say network setting, what is that = to in ios? “Cellular Data Network”?

@arjeearjor wrote:

Yes data roaming is on, also check my account and us data roaming addon is purchased and on the addon list. What else can i try?

@arjeearjor   it shows that it is connected to AT&T ?

you tried Reset network settings?  With iPhone, there is really nothing much you can do with the APN 

You checked the Carrier profile and it is showing Public Mobile?

arjeearjor

Yes data roaming is on, also check my account and us data roaming addon is purchased and on the addon list. What else can i try?

@arjeearjor wrote:

I can see AT&T but when connect manually, still no success. Do i need to set to 3G instead of LTE?

@arjeearjor   If you can see AT&T, then it is good.    You can try to connect to 3G ONLY and see how it goes but you shouldn't need to do that.  But try it, nothing to loss

For Data?  You have checked your Roaming Mobile Data  is enabled?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @arjeearjor 

Multiple posts confirmed they cannot get a connection there

These are the cities reported not working in the last few weeks :

Fairbanks, Anchorage, North Pole

and the member reported that this is working: Ketchikan AK

arjeearjor

I can see AT&T but when connect manually, still no success. Do i need to set to 3G instead of LTE?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@arjeearjor  Alaska seems to be a problematic State lately for roaming.  Many reported that they cannot get roaming service there, possibly due to the fact that 3G network was turned off there

If you cannot find and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T, then there is no connection and you don't need to spend time on the APN settings.     The APN settings will be useful only if you can connect to either of those network.

If you cannot find those 2 networks, you might need to just open ticket with PM and ask for a reverse of the roaming transaction

Need Help? Let's chat.