cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming didn't work in Alaska

wa1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent 

on 26 May 2023, I purchased an unlimited talk, text and 3GB data add-on for my phone, to use on a cruise to Alaska. I am back home from my cruise now and was unable to use any of these features because I could never get a signal. Is it possible to have this credited to my account somehow? Thanks for any help

wa1

8 REPLIES 8

@SweetTweet222 wrote:

It would be helpful for Public Mobile to add more detail to their US Roaming description re: Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, etc. 

HI @SweetTweet222 

Hawaii and Puerto Rico both work, it says  all 50 states, plus Pureto Rico and the US Virgin Islands

But of course, Alaska is part of the 50 states and the one not work  😞

SweetTweet222

It would be helpful for Public Mobile to add more detail to their US Roaming description re: Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, etc. 

wa1

Thanks all. Chatbot wouldn't work. Sent a private message.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @wa1 sorry, no roaming in Alaska.  T-Mobile does not have its own network to provide Pm roaming

please submit a ticket for CS agent here and ask for refund 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Taggging the CS_agent is unlikely to yield results. Please open a ticket using the chatbot, lr kf that doesn't work, send a private message tl CS_Agent.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wa1 - we are not public employees. Yeah Alaska has issues with roaming.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Normally Faster  use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Contact agent and explain your issue. They might grant you refund.

To Contact CSA-agent there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Ticket has to be opened through chatbot - https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Having a ticket is preferred way to contact agent as they might respond faster then receiving personal mail.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

Agent’s response is usually between 15 and 120 minutes with a ticket. Private messaging might take longer.

Watch for envelope in top right corner of Community page. It will show Number of unread emails.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@wa1  Sorry US roaming will not work in Alaska get support for a refund 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<
Need Help? Let's chat.