cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US phone service and add ons

Grancyho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just arrived in Florida for 10 days and tried using my iPhone 7. I either can’t connect or the call drops. I’m on T Mobile here. Secondly, I had to purchase a 15 day add on bundle when in Canada while down here I’m suddenly receiving offers of 10 day ones which would be the one for me. What’s happening here?

8 REPLIES 8

Thanks for piping in @J_PM . Perhaps while you're editing SMS messages, you could also change (or remove 🙂 ) the IVR message to add https:// in front of myaccount.publicmobile.ca like you have with the heads up text.

Adding - oh and the 10 texts remaining (for the three people left with the $13 plan 🙂 ) to the same. That address just goes to the home page. But at least it goes somewhere unlike above.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@Grancyho please disregard the 10 day offer bit. We are working to update the US Welcome SMS asap. Thanks for sharing! 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

"suddenly receiving offers" might be saying you're going in and out of coverage. The phone reconnects and says welcome again. Turn off automatic connection and find T-Mobile (if you can) and select it.

Did you possibly buy another add-on thinking it wasn't working? Overlapping talk add-ons are a problem.

@Grancyho   yes, PM is very slow in terms of updating the communications.  But yes, only 15 days roaming are now offered, the 10 days option are no longer there.

@J_PM , kindly pass this to the appropriate team and update the "Welcome to USA" text to avoid confusion  🙂

Grancyho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5F841F3B-2239-4241-A234-D246477BE574.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Grancyho 

once again, public mobile is putting the cart before the horse with the rollout of their now 15 day, US roaming add-ons.

Just ignore the silly 10-day offers.

You may also receive notification of an expiry on day 9, which is also a carryover from the previous 10 day plans. You should be able to ignore that as well and you should get a full 15 days from the time of purchase.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Good question @Grancyho .... you are receiving offers for 10 day ones? Aye vey!

Do you have a screenshot of these offers, just curious really. Public Mobile should not be sending out 10 offers if they change them all to 15 days.

Try restarting your phone or performing a reset of the device's network settings for network issues you may be having.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Grancyho the offer for 10 days likely a text that they didn't update.  All roaming addons are not 15 days long

For the voice issue, you now using T-Mobile 2G network for voice, which is hit or miss.  There has been some complains about the voice service in Florida.   Check your call at different area and see if it works better

if not, when you come back, open a ticket with PM support and they will provide either partial or full refund based on your epxerience

and do you have romaing data or text?  roaming data and text should be more relaible as they use TMobile LTE/4G network .  And if you do have roaming data or you have Wifi, download VoIP app TextNow and use it to make and receive calls/text as a workaround

Need Help? Let's chat.