cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming package not showing up under 'My Account'

CadenceK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a US Roaming Talk, Text, and Data Add-On on Sep 30th. During the purchase process the browser session hung and never confirmed completion of the purchase. I re-pressed the button to make the purchase (I know I shouldn't do that but a long time had elapsed since the first press). This time I got a website error (sorry, can't remember the error code) and had issues reconnecting to the site. I left it alone for a few days. When I looked back today I see in my purchase history that I did make the purchase and then an additional $20 was added to my wallet (from the second press?)

image.png

When I check my 'Plan & Add-Ons' I do not see it listed anywhere. Specifically no pie chart on the right.

image.png

My trip to the US starts tomorrow so it hasn't been activated yet but shouldn't it show up somewhere other that just under the Payment history? I'd like to ensure that my Add-On will activate once I arrive. 

13 REPLIES 13

Thanks for checking that out! Funny that it says forbidden. And you tried it anyway did you as to why it says couldn't connect? Seems the agent a few days ago was, as expected, wrong.

I would suggest turning off automatic so the phone doesn't try to connect to something else like AT&T and then you would lose talk. You could test AT&T for us if you like and see if texting and data work.

CadenceK

@dust2dust, I auto-connected to T-Mobile when I got to Charlotte, North Carolina. I attempted to connect to Verizon but it failed. I was skeptical when I saw it said 'Verizon (forbidden)' as the network name. 

I'm using a Pixel 2 if that adds any additional info. 

Screenshot_20221006-102704.jpg

Great news. You should see 3 items in there. And keep track of the time of day this happened for the next 240 hours (10 days to the minute). When you get there, manually connect to T-Mobile. If you're feeling adventurous, you could try connecting to Verizon and see what happens and if so then please do report back here whether it worked or not.

CadenceK

Raphael from PM support has resolved the issue. My add-on now shows up in the 'Add-On' section of the 'Plan & Add-Ons' page. Thanks for all your help. I've marked @softech response as the solution since they showed me how to contact PM support but I appreciate everyone's comments (@dust2dust@hycm53@softech@Yummy).

CadenceK

@dust2dust, thanks for clarifying when the add-ons are activated. I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time. Fortunately this trip is only 2 days so a 10 day add-on purchased on Sep 30th will still be valid once I return on Oct 5th. 

I'm waiting on support from Raphael from PM support.

We used to not be able to re-buy the same one. But it looks like we can now. So yes maybe that's yet another problem.

The add-ons are active the moment you buy them. You just can't use them outside the US.

CadenceK

@hycm53, I have purchased US Roaming Add-on several days before trips to the US many times and from what I see they do not activate until you establish a connection to a US provider.

CadenceK

@dust2dust I did see that my prior add-on from the 20th still had a couple hours left on it. I didn't realize you could not purchase a new roaming add-on until the prior one expired. The option was available to purchase so I proceeded. Perhaps an issue? 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This seems to be a thing popping up recently I guess with more and more people going to the states.

Did you click on the little spinner refresh icon that you see down in the lower right?

Also, you had bought the same add-on on the 20th. It appears you were able to purchase it again around 10 days later. Curious to know if that was after 240 hours from the time you bought it on the 20th. The old system would not let you buy it at all until like the next day. So I'm curious to see these dates on yours here.

@hairbag1- For your next excursion, maybe you could explore that. Know the time you bought the add-on, like the top of an hour. Then a day or so later see if you can buy that same add-on again. Then after 240 hours see if you can buy the same add-on. (obviously don't buy the second one...just see if you can see it...the old system would not show the same add-on so maybe the new system does).

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

It looks like you paid for add-on, but didn't see the plan on add-on. By the way for my understanding, when you paid for add-on, the add-on immedialty activated! If I'm wrong, let me know./

@CadenceK not sure if the browser hung was the problem 

Please open ticket with PM support and they can confirm and help

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

CadenceK

Thanks @Yummy . I've already tried Incognito mode and a separate computer altogether and it still doesn't show up.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh.

Need Help? Let's chat.