cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day) - $8.00 clarification please

dna4835
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to purchase this add on when I go to US, does this mean it includes unlimited INCOMING and OUTGOING while I am in US? Does "unlimited talk" is me calling out only that I will get charge if I answer a call?

6 REPLIES 6

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Remember while in US: US roaming Talk cannot be stacked. Next one has to be purchased after initial expire but you have to wait 24 hours.

@Anonymous Yes I guess I could have skipped using the word "technically" - it is indeed officially referenced in the help article.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar wrote:

Technically you can receive SMS messages even without a roaming plan.

@Nezgar If you mean technically that it works somehow then it is indeed officially recognized. If you meant to mean technically as though it might be a bit of a bug or glitch then see above.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@dna4835Another nice thing with the $8 Unlimited U.S. Talk Only roaming plan is that while in the US you can call any number in Canada as well as the US. You will also be able to receive SMS messages, just not be able to send them. But then, you could just call them back. Technically you can receive SMS messages even without a roaming plan. This is great to ensure you can continue to receive bank verification or transaction notification texts for instance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dna4835 

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges..

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

when you visit U.S. then Purchase it,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

Follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’,
  5. after purchase successful you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

review of Add-ons visit Here link...

make sure enable roaming on,
Try manually selecting either of  AT&T or T-Mobile, whichever works best for you,
for Re-Purchase Add-ons you need to wait 25 hours after the expiry first Purchase Add-ons or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentto them do it for you...

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link..

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dna4835   Unlimited Talk (10-day)   will get you unlimited incoming and outgoing calls when you are in the US

Please remember the 10 days , 240 hours start from the moment the purchase gone through successfully.  So, wait till you are US to buy

When you are in US, try to manually connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T

Need Help? Let's chat.