cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roam-Talk Txt 250 Data(10d)

PMuser44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, The first option under Add-ons Bundle is "US Roam-Talk Txt 250 Data(10d)". Is this unlimited talk, or does it come from your monthly allocated minutes?

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

PMuser44

I will be travelling to Chicago

PMuser44

I will be in Chicago

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A lot of the connectivity issues would be fixed if Public Mobile had VoLTE support. It's become a necessity for basic talk functionality. Right now it's unclear how well the add-on will work. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

Yep...tried all the tricks....even cussing at PM. TextNow worked like a charm.

I'm afraid I can no longer recommend PM for the roaming add-on.

HI @hairbag1  I always think Roaming add-ons are expensive and hard to connect sometimes.  When you cannot connect, you really cannot seek much help (not just PM, Rogers, Telus, Bell are the same.. the Support are not in US , they just won't be able to do much)  I always think unless for a quick weekend trip, anything more than 3 days should go with local mobile data

@hairbag1- Even cussing?! Dang. That usually always works. 🙂

@dust2dust wrote:

@hairbag1- You being a regular here, I assume you tried all the tricks. Not even dead simple, low bandwidth SMS eh? Yeah voip apps are pretty handy.

Yep...tried all the tricks....even cussing at PM. TextNow worked like a charm.

I'm afraid I can no longer recommend PM for the roaming add-on.

Hi @hairbag1   I think CS agent will refund it, for the lack of service.  check with them 

@hairbag1- You being a regular here, I assume you tried all the tricks. Not even dead simple, low bandwidth SMS eh? Yeah voip apps are pretty handy.

@dust2dust 

This past weekend, I wasted $8 for the US texting add-on for a daytrip to eastern Wa state. Texting service used to be good, but not any longer. Service was unreliable and spotty in areas that were fine in the past.

I won't do that again. I found I could use TextNow in a lot of wifi enabled places like Walmart, most cafes...even in the downtown core of one town had free wifi. I could call and text...for gratis.

No more 10 Day US roaming add-ons for me unless things improve.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @PMuser44 which city and state you are going?  Generally , you can use T-Mobile's 2G network for voice, but not everywhere has it

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Be very aware of severe problems with talk in the states. Text and data should be fine. For talk you'll need to connect to T-Mobile and your phone has to be able to use the old 2G and even that might have limited coverage. You might find the odd pockets of 3G here and there.

What state (states) will you be visiting ? If going to Alaska, be aware many PM customers reporting little or no talk available due to US retiring the 3G networks. Some other states also have eliminated 3G...you can manually select 2G for talk in some areas.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@PMuser44 hi that is for use in the US but I wouldn't recomend it since the 3g shutdow it is not very reliable it is supposed to be unlimeted talk while you are there for 10 days it doesn't come off any us talk you  may have here in Canada 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Unlimited talk for 240 hours after the purchase is successfully made. Remember...it will only work whist in USA.

Need Help? Let's chat.