cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT! Can't receive any text messages.

jk1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, from this morning I'm unable to recieve any text messages. MMS messages work fine, however I can't recieve any SMS messages. A quick response and solution would be very much appreciated as this has never happened before, and it's a huge incovenience for me!

Thanks in advance!

12 REPLIES 12

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@on2wheels wrote:

Had texting issues with my old Asus Zenfone, I could send but not recieve. Phone turned out to be the issue. I bought a cheap used LG K4 and all works again.  Get yourself a spare phone, just not an Asus.

He's tried his SIM card in two different phones with the same result so this won't work.

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Had texting issues with my old Asus Zenfone, I could send but not recieve. Phone turned out to be the issue. I bought a cheap used LG K4 and all works again.  Get yourself a spare phone, just not an Asus.

koimr1

Any luck with this, @jk1?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@jk1, try using a different messaging app. 

@will13am unlikely to help, since the issue persisted when sim was swapped to another phone.

@jk1 did you purchase a US Roaming Texting add on (or either of the US Roaming add-on bundles that contain texting) on [or around] Saturday April 7th, by chance?  There is a known issue when the US Roaming texting add-on expires--it does not correctly remove itself from your account for up to 24 hours after it expires, and causes the network to be unable to deliver you inbound SMS messages.  You can either wait the 24 hours and reboot your phone (aka by tonight really) and all should be well, or you can contact the moderator team for assistance.  They are versed in the workaround, to manually remove the expired add-on from your account and have you reboot your phone (the reboot was never necessary the half-dozen times I was affected, but your mileage may vary).

EDIT: if the above might apply to you and you need to reach out to the moderator team, here's the details:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jk1, try using a different messaging app. 

koimr1

@jk1 wrote:

This has been happening from this morning. 

I have verified with 5 other people who confirm they recieve my text messages, however I do not recieve incoming text messages from them.

MMS works without any issue.
Placing and recieving calls and having conversations work without any issue.
Data works without any issue. 

Everything was working fine yesterday evening (Monday), and the issue just started happening this morning.

I have rebooted, re inserted sim, deleted and opened APN settings, swapped sim to other phone to verify it's not my phone, but nothing's working. It has to be something from PM's side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is really starting to frustrate me.

The part I highlighted is good to know!

Since that seems to suggest it's not a phone problem the next step is to contact the mods via private message by clicking here and providing your email address, phone number and a description of your problem ("I'm not receiving texts as of this morning!")

I would also provide the link to this thread - just cut and paste this page's URL into your private message, might help with any questions the mod may have.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/URGENT-Can-t-receive-any-text-message...

Just a word of warning - you are probably not going to get an answer from them until tomorrow so just hang tight.

jk1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This has been happening from this morning. 

I have verified with 5 other people who confirm they recieve my text messages, however I do not recieve incoming text messages from them.

MMS works without any issue.
Placing and recieving calls and having conversations work without any issue.
Data works without any issue. 

Everything was working fine yesterday evening (Monday), and the issue just started happening this morning.

I have rebooted, re inserted sim, deleted and opened APN settings, swapped sim to other phone to verify it's not my phone, but nothing's working. It has to be something from PM's side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is really starting to frustrate me.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@jk1 Try rebooting your phone or turn the airplane mode on and off. Weird glitch occurred a couple days ago and apparently placing a call made texting work again, so try that. 

koimr1

@jk1 wrote:

Hi, from this morning I'm unable to recieve any text messages. MMS messages work fine, however I can't recieve any SMS messages. A quick response and solution would be very much appreciated as this has never happened before, and it's a huge incovenience for me!

Thanks in advance!

Need a little more info!

What kind of phone do you have?

You've said MMS works - how about calls (both sending and receiving) and mobile data?

How many numbers have you verified you can't receive from?

I'm presuming by saying "from this morning" that previous to today you were able to receive them just fine - any changes you may have done yesterday or this morning?

And the standard - have you tried rebooting your phone? 🙂

jp2

Please provide more info. 

Has anything changed today?

Does everything else work, like calling? 

Was your account renewal today? 

LEGO

Try to delete and create a new Public Mobile APN, don’t forget to reboot. See if it works!

GreatCanadian

First of all  Have you made any changes to your phone settings  For example, have you played with the APN settings??

GC

EDIT: just noticed that you receive MMS but not SMS, so it's probably not APN settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.