cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port out

tesqie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get a message to approve port out to fido. I send yes many times. 90 minutes later I get a message saying I didn't approve. I've done this many times.

10 REPLIES 10

tesqie

yeah... let me know if u figure it out.

ryanfung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same I resubmitted using several methods - same issue.  Fido says that Telus/Public Mobiles porting system is down.

tesqie

I resubmitted 4 times

tesqie

yes I got rejection from fidos end several times

tesqie

no, I'm using sms

tesqie

yes it's active

ryanfung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the exact same issue. it has been happening all night.   I request to port through the Fido Portal, get the text message, reply "Yes", and 90 mins later I get a text from Fido saying that they were not authorized.   Something wrong on Public Mobile side.  I ported another number the same time from Chatr and it worked.

It feels like Public Mobile is holding their users hostage, preventing them to leave.   Need someone at Public Mobile support to respond.  I cant even get someone on the support chat.  

@tesqie wrote:

I get a message to approve port out to fido. I send yes many times. 90 minutes later I get a message saying I didn't approve. I've done this many times.

Are you using an iPhone and iMessage?  If that is the case, please make sure that the SMS option is enabled before replying to the next time that Public Mobile sends you the authorization text message.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tesqie 

Is your PM account Active? It needs to be active so you can port out.

Contact Fido to see what is the issue.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tesqie , did you get the rejection on the Fido end?  Perhaps the wrong data was entered?  In any event the receiving carrier has to do all the heavy lifting.  So you will need to have Fido resubmit the number port.

Need Help? Let's chat.