cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to pay for family member

Danie1_jan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to pay for a family member who has lost and replaced their credit card and  I need to get in contact with them, the issue is they are highly tech-illiterate and don't know how to change their account details to fix the credit card issue so I'm gonna be paying in their stead and wondering if it possible to do this.

6 REPLIES 6

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are their services working? With the credit card issue, was this a fraud thing and maybe the bank did chargebacks?

Another payment option is real time payments in some stores. Anybody can do it to any account without logging in or needing the device. There's a small fee but it's pretty convenient.

Adding - oh and also anybody can dial 18554public from any phone and enter the voucher into anybody's account.

If charges were charged back though, that's a bigger problem around here.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Danie1_jan 

Buying a voucher would be the easy way for now then dial 611 on their phone to enter the voucher number. 
Other than that you will need the email address and password plus access to their phone or email to get the 2FA code to login to their account and change the CC on the account.

You can purchase a voucher from these locations:

C6400FCE-0B92-480F-908A-001EFF456C70.jpeg

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Danie1_jan 

Has your family member ever created a My Account before? Because this is where the accounts are managed.

If no My Account has been created before you if you can verify the account (or your family member) can submit a ticket here to: Create or forgot My Account email or password link

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Danie1_jan other than changing the credit card on My Account,  you can also buy a voucher from stores and then load the voucher via *611.   If you are going ahead with the voucher option, buy from Shoppers drug mart, their vouchers can be used immediately 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Danie1_jan  You need to sign into the self serve and update credit card info 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1677703861163.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Danie1_jan login to My Account, go to Payment page, click Manage Payment method and Update Card Information there

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-cardhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card

Need Help? Let's chat.