cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to claim free bonus 2gb gift on Dec 31

frenchonion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried to claim free one time gift of 2gb free data and 500 intl minutes by replying to the text msg with YES2. Sent the reply on Dec 31 around 8:20pm Est and it replied that it looks like the offer has expired. No bonus data was added to my account. The promo should work until end of Dec 31.

25 REPLIES 25

frenchonion

I didn't have a chance to create a ticket until yesterday night. The agent replied and added the bonuses to my account. For those that had same issue hope you got yours too!

Africanwanderer

Yes I got this response too. 

Africanwanderer

I was not able to verify my account.  Said that option was unavailable.

Africanwanderer

I didn't even get the text 😞

Kren0m

Problem resolved 3 hours ago.  Holiday bonus added to my account.  Thank you CS_Agent!

Happy New Year everyone!

Kren0m

@darlicious  Aside from the initial response from CS_Agent asking for account verification, I've not received any other response.
I'm assuming, depending on where they are located, they are either just starting to crack the bottles and party down or they are already drunk and passed out in a cubicle.  I would not hold my breath on having this resolved anytime tonight.

@darlicious   Tomorrow is a better day ...  and a better year!!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Still nothing?!!

Kren0m

If I had the money I would do that, I know how much it sucks to deal with a hoard of angry customers due to someone else's mistake.  Unfortunately I don't have the money and If I did I probably wouldn't be using Public Mobile in the first place.  So in my opinion it should fall on the bosses and supervisors who do no tangible work yet make 5 times more than the people who do do all the work, especially on New Years Eve.. 

Kren0m

Did you open a ticket and verify your account?  That's what I did.
I'm sure the 1 person working New Years Eve is being swamped with tickets right now.

@darlicious wrote:

@Kren0m 

Would you mind telling them to answer my messages?

@darlicious Uber them a 🍾   🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kren0m 

Would you mind telling them to answer my messages?

Kren0m

I am in communication with a CS_Agent now thanks.  Very quick to respond thankfully.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kren0m 

Several of the accounts I manage got that message starting yesterday. Just make sure you send a message or submit a ticket to customer support before midnight eastern and they can play catch up!

Kren0m

Apparently they really don't want to gift me anything. 

Screenshot 2022-12-31 190343.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kren0m 

Have you tried texting YES2 to 4911?

@Kren0m wrote:

I never received a text and coming on here to find out why and get customer service has been nothing short of a nightmare.  Every time I click on the chat bot your website logs me off. 

@Kren0m No nightmare this time, just open ticket with PM Support using direct message then.

Yes, message PM support using the link below now and they will add the bonus back to your account:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Kren0m

I never received a text and coming on here to find out why and get customer service has been nothing short of a nightmare.  Every time I click on the chat bot your website logs me off. 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully the OP took the earlier advice and only has to wait for four hours for a reply. That's still pretty rough though.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@frenchonion 

Best you can do is submit a ticket or send a private message with your account verification info and ask for the holiday gifts to be applied. Be forewarned I have been waiting over 5 hours for a reply so cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@frenchonion 

Try logging into your account using a browser in incognito or private mode instead.

Then refresh your overview page using the little circular refresh wheel.

Maybe the holidays gifts were added and you were looking at old cached information before.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@frenchonion 

You can contact an agent.

You will receive a response from an agent faster using the first option below, which is the preferred method.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

@kathrynlgreen 

You should probably reach out to a Customer Support Agent and ask them to add those holiday gifts to your account manually.

kathrynlgreen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing happened to me! It’s still Dec 31 here, and the offer should be available till midnight unless otherwise stated. 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@frenchonion 

You should ask a Customer Support Agent to add those holiday gifts to your account manually.

Use the Chat Bot Simon to get a service ticket started first.

If you have trouble getting a service ticket started, you can also send a private message to CS_Agent   to ask for those holiday gifts to be added to your account manually.

Need Help? Let's chat.