cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble porting my number as well as logging into my account.

alainbonus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Forbidden A1

Im receiving this error message when logging in. Also I was trying to activate my new SIM card with my old phone number and was told to reach out to customer support. Currently my account is inaccessible on the app and on the website. Not sure what to do. 

14 REPLIES 14

alainbonus

nope it's not that. I receive the code via email for the 2FA. It just leads me to a dead webpage Forbidden A1 on a laptop, and when done on the mobile phone app it just refreshes back to the same log in screen as if nothing happened. 

@alainbonus wrote:

In regards to logging in, I am also unable to login on a laptop and have also restarted phone. 

For the number transfer, I am on hold now with the phone number provided. 

I still have the old SIM card in and I'm using it currently. I never received the porting text. 

@alainbonus   For the login , you are unable to login because it tries to send you the code to your phone? You can ask to resend code to email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

alainbonus

In regards to logging in, I am also unable to login on a laptop and have also restarted phone. 

For the number transfer, I am on hold now with the phone number provided. 

I still have the old SIM card in and I'm using it currently. I never received the porting text. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@alainbonus - try restarting your phone, then try to log into the app again.

As for your number transfer, I believe @Handy1 may have sent you a phone number to check on the transfer/port to Public if you missed the SMS text from your old provider. OR, you can submit a ticket to Public Customer Support using the link they also provided (NOTE: none of us are Public employees, but that link to CS_Agent are Public representatives).

Do you still have the old SIM card from the old provider? If so, put that in your phone and see if the text comes in (if you didn't already reply YES to it, that is).

@alainbonus  Yes I already sent you number private message 

@alainbonus wrote:

The SIM card also connects to the network, however I do need to port my number over, and I also am not able to access the app for some reason. 

@alainbonus  so, you can make outgoing calls?

For porting issue, there is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

@alainbonus wrote:

Is there a phone number for live support I can call? 

@alainbonus depends on where the activation is

Put your sim card into a phone and confirm if you can connect to PM network

if you can connect and make outgoing calls, then YES, you can call the porting team to finalize the port

If you cannot even connect, you will need to message support for further help, no phone support for that other than for porting support

alainbonus

The SIM card also connects to the network, however I do need to port my number over, and I also am not able to access the app for some reason. 

@alainbonus  Then you need to message support directly 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

alainbonus

Is there a phone number for live support I can call? 

alainbonus

It charged me already yes. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@alainbonus 

To complete your porting of your old number, you need to leave your old SIM in your phone and reply with YES confirming you are porting over to PM. You have 90 minutes to reply or porting will be cancelled.

If you missed this most important step then you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you but leave the old SIM in your phone.

Once SIM is activated then you can login to your account through the app or website

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@alainbonus   we see a lot of Forbidden A1 today

Before you reach out to support, can you confirm if PM charged you the plan amount yet? Check your CC, also, put the PM sim card in a phone and see if it connects to the network , maybe you don't need to contact agent

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@alainbonus  Here’s how to reach support 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

If this is a porting issue I can send you number to live support to help fix . Private message. 

Need Help? Let's chat.