cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble porting from Koodo.. just like everyone else on here

shott
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, 

Just expressing a bit of frustration at the system for swapping numbers from Koodo. I understand Public Mobile is supposed to be driven by a small customer service team but if you want to go fully automated and user driven, please make sure it works.

It seems like literally every customer switching to Koodo has come to the message board having problems porting numbers over.

There needs to be a better system than 'please email us and we will switch the number' Do you know why thats a problem? The contact us page is a questionairre designed to get your question answered by a FAQ, and that makes sense, unless you dont have a questions and you have a specific request and need to deal with a representative. So sending off a generic email that says we will get back to you in 48 hours is kind of unacceptable when we have a phone with some random number we dont want to use for two days and nobody can call or text me..

So I found the message boards and learned I need to message and tag a moderator to speed along the process. Thats why I'm making this post! @Mary_M @Shazia_K 

TL;DR if you want to run an employee free, customer driven system, make sure the system runs smoothly.

Thanks, 

Brian

11 REPLIES 11

Gizmo

Yay, I got a response back and everything works now with my ported phone number.  Thanks

Gizmo

Thanks for your response but I did click the "I am authorized" check box with the same results - still wouldn't work.

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it is frustrating when you encout problems. in these days , we can not live out phone so real time chatting for new activitaing will be stronger need. so hopefully pm will change better and better about helping to solve problem with new activation. i strongly feel it is their system of activation system is not too great becasuse i have  activated two phone so far and it gives me completely different experiemce. the first one was a lot of problem to being solved and i did wait for problems to be sloved whole afternoon and second one activation was a lot of easier, it only took me a few mintues to do it. and both were porting number from old company.  

@Gizmo PM staff have been experiencing an increase in requests.

As I just told @shott, on the Change Number screen, for whatever reason you need to click the "I am authorized..." button FIRST and then enter your information.  Start over and try that... your port should then be initiated.

Gizmo

I am having trouble as well.  Two days ago I set up my PM account with a new number like they said then I filled in the contact us form to request the porting of my koodo number.  Yesterday when I still hadn't heard anything I sent a private message to the moderators - this message shows as still not read after an entire day. I did use a different email address for PM than I did for Koodo since some people said that also caused issues.

In the meantime I also tried to select the change my number option in MyAccount but it gives me an error message "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

So basically, I really want to get my koodo number ported over before the next billing cycle so please read my private message - all the information should be there.

Thanks

@shott sorry, by 'known glitch', I mean known by the community... definitely not known for new customers. PM has been notified of the coding issue and have said they'll fix it once they identify it. Hopefully it's soon because many people such as yourself are having problems. 

I'm glad I could help, and if you see anyone else on here with the same problem, now you can help them with first hand experience. Welcome to PM, I hope your stay here will be pleasant! Robot Happy

shott

Thank you for you help, I was getting and *unauthorized error message so I clicked the I am authorized button first and it worked.

Still a little frustrating.. I wouldnt refer to a very simple coding issue as a 'known glitch' how are we supposed to figure that out?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Only a tiny fraction have issues, I'm sure thousands sign up daily flawlessly. Of course if you read these forums you'd think almost every new activation had issues.

The customers like me are here to try and help but the mods are paid employees of Public Mobile.

There is a known glitch when porting over your number through My Account >> Change Number. You need to click the "I am authorized..." button first, before filling out anything else. Some other have posted this in the last few days. Maybe search it, because someone used screenshots.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@shott glad you found the community forums! 

Can you please describe the issue you're having with porting? There are lots of people here who would be glad to help you troubleshoot.

Pedror

I ported my number from Koodo just last week with no issues, using the automated activiation/signup process. How far did you get in this process?

Need Help? Let's chat.