cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to the USA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

My plan notes that "unlimited international text" is included.  Does this mean that I won't have to purchase the $15 US roaming add on in order to receive/send texts while I'm in the US?  

Thanks,

Lara

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Yes if you only want to recieve texts. No if you want to send as well. Here's info on US Roaming add ons....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-3G-HSPA-Networks/td-p/843202

Read the update as well for latest and the cell mapper link to see more in depth 2G network coverage for voice calling. Or you can have a free trial of mint mobile while you are there....

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/mint-mobile-free-usa-10gb-data-text-calls-service-30-days-esim-available-2599718/

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately, the unlimited international text is when you are texting from Canada.

You will need to purchase a US Roaming for texting.

You can use the free Whatsapps if both parties have this app or TextNow app but you need to pick a secondary number.

Depending how long you are in the States. If you plan to stay up to a month, consider purchasing a local SIM. Tello Mobile offer unlimited texting for $8/month plus $2 for the SIM card. There is eSIM available if your phone have this feature.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

There unlimited international texting is for when you are connected to the network while in Canada.  You will need the risking add-on to be able to text while in the US 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Anonymous 

you need to purchase the 15 days US roaming add-ons to receive/send texts/calls in the US and to Canada,

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The only thing you can do in the states without a roaming add-on is receive texts. To use Public services you need an add-on for sending and any calling and any cell data.

Be aware that roaming talk is very spotty in the US. Some places are fine. Others not so much. Only T-Mobile works.

Need Help? Let's chat.