cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to the US

jgurholt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering if I travel to the US if I am still able to text since I have international texting? What about data? Is there an add on for travelling?

9 REPLIES 9

jgurholt

Oh thank you!

I am travelling for a week for work and would like to not be without. I will check at Shoppers!

Providing no delays

jgurholt

Ooh! If this rolls out in November, that would be great as I don't travel until mid December!

clogan2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker Indeed, they also have Roam Mobility SIMs at Staples too Smiley Happy

I'm looking forward to seeing what Public Mobile has to offer for roaming.

There are a number of roaming options available by way of prepaid service with US providers.  Roam Mobility is such an example.

I believe they have cards available at your local Shoppers Drugmart store.

As of right now, going to the U.S. will render your Public Mobile service useless.  It can't be used in the States at all.

clogan2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Exactly, to clarify:

International Texting allows you to text people in other countries, it doesn't allow you to text people when you are out of the country.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

As of this time you will have no service in the US you won't even be able to make a call.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

At the moment no.  They did say they will be announcing something for US roaming soon.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Guess-What-Hint-We-had-to-update-our-Ter...

Need Help? Let's chat.