cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel to USA

Javagirl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,My plan notes that "unlimited international text" is included. So does this mean that I won't have to purchase the $15 US roaming add on in order to receive/send texts while I'm in the US?

Thanks,

Javagirl

7 REPLIES 7

@LoveNature wrote:

Hi @Javagirl 

your plan unlimited international text in Canada, out canada service  

you need to purchase the 15 days US roaming add-ons to receive/send texts/calls in the US and to call/text to Canada,

I guess the earlier replies weren't clear enough on those points..  However, OP will be able to receive texts without roaming add-on, just won't be able to text back without roaming.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Javagirl 

your plan unlimited international text in Canada, out canada service  

you need to purchase the 15 days US roaming add-ons to receive/send texts/calls in the US and to call/text to Canada,

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Javagirl  You need US roaming add on for use in the US 

Javagirl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No, the only thing you can do in the states with the Public service is receive texts. Sending and all calls and cell data need roaming add-ons.

Adding - one stupid little word

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Javagirl   Sorry, that is only for sending and receiving texts while in Canada.  You'll need to purchase a roaming add-on in order to text back (although you will receive incoming texts without roaming add-on) or to make calls in/out when in the US.

edit:  BTW, for calling you'll need to select T-Mobile and select 2G network.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Javagirl 

Unlimited international text works while the customer is in Canada. 

While traveling in the USA, you will be able to receive texts without a roaming package. However, if you want to sent texts, you will need to purchase a 15 day add on. 

Need Help? Let's chat.