cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel to Mexico

cougartoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am going to mexico for 2 months, I have a 2021 moto gplay phone , 

I have seen others ask similar questions and its all gokeep or Maya which I don't think it will work in my phone. 

I am using public mobile because of a budget, can't afford new phone every year.

1. Should I pause my pm account when I am gone and HOW?

2. Can I buy any sim in mexico to work. (on a budget)?

I am NOT tech savy please don't thro tech at me

8 REPLIES 8

cougartoon

Thanks, ours is out in UNITY,  SK

@cougartoon 

Lots of complaints of outages in the last hour especially Alberta  Check

Outage   map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

cougartoon

how do you know who has whats app and most bussinesses DO NOT

cougartoon

Maybe not the spot to put  this but now both my phone and my wifes phone will not dial out or receive calls.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cougartoon 

You can install the WhatsApp or TextNow app for free wifi calling and texting.

Whatsapp will require the other party to have the same app and you can use your current PM number where TextNow you need to pick a secondary number.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cougartoon wrote:

I am going to mexico for 2 months, I have a 2021 moto gplay phone , 

I have seen others ask similar questions and its all gokeep or Maya which I don't think it will work in my phone. 

I am using public mobile because of a budget, can't afford new phone every year.

1. Should I pause my pm account when I am gone and HOW?

2. Can I buy any sim in mexico to work. (on a budget)?

I am NOT tech savy please don't thro tech at me

@cougartoon - yes, you can pause your plan up to 90 days. After 90 days of nonpayment you lose your account and phone number.

So you can log into My Account and remove Autopay so it will not renew on renewal day. Or, if you have available funds to renew your plan you can list your phone into lost/stolen mode to also prevent it from renewing on renewal day.

Again, just remember to make a manual payment and reactivate prior to 90 days. But you say 2 months, so you should be fine.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cougartoon  public mobile won’t work in Mexico . Your best to get a local SIM card in Mexico for your trip 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cougartoon   PM does not have roaming service in Mexico

But you can still put a Mexican sim card in your phone to use the data there

you can get a Mexian sim  from convenience store or sometimes hotel has it too.  Try Telcel card.  

Check this for the local sim experience from another PM customer while in Mexico

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Mexico-use/m-p/935854#M644177

Need Help? Let's chat.