cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel from Calgary to Winnipeg - no phone service

muoitangcalgary
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am travelling from Calgary to Winnipeg and my phone is not working in Winnipeg. I have Canada wide minutes. I cannot place a call and I cannot receive calls. 
Please advise on how to get service while travelling within Canada. 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @muoitangcalgary   So, it is working now?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is everything else working? Some more details will help the community to be able to diagnose the issue more accurately 

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @muoitangcalgary I think your problem is because of the Manitoba coverage issue.  Some customers reported problem before from that

The problem could be localized.  In all coverage areas there will be weak spots.  I have several friends on this service that live in the peg.  If coverage was generally bad, they would have switch providers long ago.  

Hi @muoitangcalgary I think your problem is because of the Manitoba coverage issue.  Some customers reported problem before from that

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you positive your plan is active, try one of these remedies:

- Reboot device

- Reset network connections

- Toggle airplane mode on/off

- Re-seat - remove SIM for a few minutes and then reinsert SIM card back

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@muoitangcalgary 

Do you have an active plan? When was your renewal? Can you text or use data? Call 611 for your account status.

It's very unlikely the "Manitoba" issue would affect you as it barely affects anyone unless they are in their basement in Winnipeg or Brandon.

Try rebooting your phone and toggling airplane mode on/off once you confirm your account is active.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@muoitangcalgary 

Is your account active in Self Service? Try putting a 1 in front of the number.

Also try rebooting, resetting network settings, reinstalling SIM card.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@muoitangcalgary  - 

Could you be affected in this area:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Manitoba-Pr...

Or, try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.