cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring to PM

Ngoc0306
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I want to transfer to PM around the end of April. But right after that, I will need to leave Canada for 4 months. Is it ok to transfer to PM and suspend my account right away? 

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

Only if you suspend via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle.

If the OP wants to pay for their service the whole time they are away then they should call forward (while in Canada) their pm number to their voip number to be able to receive incoming pm calls while on WiFi or mobile data with a local or global SIM card. Otherwise it's as cheap as $15 per 30 days of active service + 85 of suspended service=115 days/$15.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Vmail works while inactive!?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My guess is OP wants to transfer first because it's better to pay for PM service you're not using than almost anyone else's. 

If OP will have access to the PM account on website while away (or a trusted friend, but hard to imagine no web access), I think there would be no problem porting, paying for 30 days, then not paying for ~85 days, then paying again even if not home. Alternatively port in to a $13 or $23 plan, and just let it run on autopay. It's an extra $39 or $69 total (for 3mo not used), but no effort or remembering required, and vmail can be picked up. And still way cheaper than most postpaid plans out there.

[I'm saying consider paying $23/mo if that's the actual plan wanted going forward, then no chance of PM withdrawing it while you're inactive and not being able to switch to it]

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ngoc0306 

You can port your number into pm and suspend your account preferably before midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle via lost/stolen. This will keep your voicemail active** while suspended. Be sure to pay and reactivate your plan before day 89/90 (30 days +90 days=120 days). It is best to reactivate around day 85 (115 days from your activation) in case you encounter a problem reactivating so you can seek advice from the community or help from customer support.

Before you activate your pm service consider your options carefully....

1. The cheapest plan is the $15 plan. You can schedule a change plan on next renewal if you wish to upgrade your plan when you return or choose a new plan before you reactivate on day 85 or so and click "change plan now" and top up your account with the required funds by choosing "other amount" and confirming and then submitting your payment. Your plan should automatically reactivate your service.
  2. If you know you would normally use a higher data plan and there are promo codes available such as 2GBBONUS for the $35+ plans that gives a 2gb bonus of recurring monthly plan data then activate on a higher plan amount to avail yourself of this unlimited duration of bonus data on your plan as promotions are almost always available to new activations only.
  3. If you will likely be using the $15 or $25 plan then consider the activation bundles at CCS that come with a free SIM card and a 20% discount off the first month. CCS will often gave an additional promotion for the $25 plan. Or discounted pm SIM cards (currently $3). SIM cards ship for free via Canada Post in 5 business days or less across Canada.
  4. Don't forget to use your friends referral code at activation for the $10 bonus referral credit. Don't have a friend? Make a new one by private messaging any community member of your choosing and ask them to be friends and share their code with you. Do not accept unsolicited referral codes....that is considered spamming and is against the rules of the community.

**Reach you voicemail by calling your phone # from another number like a voip provider such as textnow and once your voicemail picks up press "*" and enter your 4 digit voicemail pin # to access your voicemail services.

khttps://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/1-month-saving-plans-with-multi-sim-card-for-public-mobile

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ngoc0306 

I would suggest you wait until you return back to Canada then activate the SIM unless you want to pay for the monthly fees for 4 months and not able to use your PM plan.

Also, if you activate the SIM and suspended longer than 90 days. Your number will be lost and you will need to purchase a new SIM and pick a new number…back to square one…not a good idea to activate then be gone for 4 months.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It looks like it will be pretty close to the 90 day limit if you leave a few days after you activate your account. You could wait until you come back unless you want to take advantage of a promo that may not be there 4 months later (although PM is usually good at always having something) or there is another reason you want to activate a line before leaving

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ngoc0306   Depends on when you come back. 

If you join end of April, your 30 days cycle will end on end of May.  You can remove Autopay and make it suspended.  It will then need to be renewed no later than end of August.  You have to make note of the exact date.  No later than that exact date, you have to login to My Account and make a manual payment and then reactivate the account or you will loss your phone number

@Ngoc0306 wrote:

Hello,

I want to transfer to PM around the end of April. But right after that, I will need to leave Canada for 4 months. Is it ok to transfer to PM and suspend my account right away? 

You can transfer an active phone number to a new Public Mobile account any time, but remember that you after being in suspension for 90 days, the account will get closed and you'll lose the phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.